Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-18-2007, 11:43 PM

Default baronzeus\' video

the other thread is getting pretty big

~0:24:00 top table
MP raises, bad player (sasama) CC in the CO, you defend 85s in BB
flop comes 78A rainbow and you lead out

what is your reasoning for betting instead of checking here?
is it something like:
put pressure on the pfr to fold a live 6 out hand, take control so that you don't risk giving a free turn card, get useful info about villains' hands

0:31:30 bottom table
SB opens, you 3bet QTo in th BB, SB calls
flop K95r, check bet call
turn A putting a fd on the board, check bet

you can't call a c/r here yes?
so you maybe fold out small pairs, don't give free cards to gutshot straight draws that would fold, and prevent villain from bluffing you out on the river (if you had checked behind). on the other hand villain will frequently have a pair of aces, or he might use the card to bluff/semibluff, and you would be folding a live draw to a raise
Old 08-19-2007, 12:07 AM

Default Re: baronzeus\' video

hand 1:
donking that is not really standard. i did it because i thought for sure the guy would raise an ace if i did, and i was wrong

hand 2: like i said in the audio, i cant check this behind because i think i fold out a 9 or a 5 or other gutter type hands. i mean i guess i could check it behind but i think its giving up too easily? also i fold if raised, yeah
Old 08-19-2007, 12:21 AM

yea I should really listen for a minute after the hand before I pause to make a post

~0:38:00 top table
you raise 88 UTG, theneedtowin (note that he donked mid pair into you) calls from SB, BB fold

flop K52r
check bet raise call

you said that you were going to fold the turn (until spiked the 8 of course [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]). is this a purely metagame play, or are you expecting him to check the turn sometimes with small pairs and bluffs that he gives up on.

also you seemed pretty confident that he couldn't have a smaller pair based on that one hand where he donked you with MP

pretty weak turn play there by villain. I would have made a note on that
Old 08-19-2007, 12:39 AM

0:41:00 top table
UTG limps, you raise A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]9, folded to BB (theneedtowin) who calls, UTG call

flop: 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
check check bet raise fold call

turn: 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
bet fold

you don't think he is semibluffing often enough to see the river? it is a pretty wet board. would you call if the limper was in the CO and you were OTB?
Old 08-19-2007, 12:49 AM

43:30 bottom table
foxsports opens OTB, you defend 89o

flop: 5J6r, you c/c

no flop semibluff? this flop texture gets double barreled a lot because you can be peeling a very wide range, and you won't be getting good odds to continue on the turn UI.

villain will fold lots of broadway hands (maybe Ax?) to a flop c/r turn bet combo no? do you expect to be getting free turn cards from this guy when you call the flop because you frequently c/c pairs?
Old 08-19-2007, 01:07 AM

couple interesting hands during your phone call (which came through loud and clear [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img])

48:20 bottom table
you raise A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] OTB, potatohead calls from SB, BB folds

flop Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
check bet call
turn 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
check check

pretty surprised you didn't value bet there given the flush and straight draws possible and how light potatohead peels.

50:00 top table
sasama opens OTB, theneedtowin calls in SB, you call Q9o

flop: T34r
check check bet call fold

not worth a peel getting 8:1? you will frequently get a free look at the river
Old 08-19-2007, 01:28 AM

nice vid baron, thanks for putting it together. you sure got put in a lot of tough spots and ran like crap.

as a general comment it looks like you are focusing a lot on results, tracking your winnings/losses during a session and such.
personally I find that I get too emotionally attached to the wins and losses when I do this and it can affect my play. using tiltblocker and/or playing enough tables that I only have time to think about making decisions helps me there.
Old 08-19-2007, 01:34 AM

yeah, definitely a tough spot in that A9 hand. calling the turn and folding the turn cant be much different in EV i dont think...
Old 08-19-2007, 01:35 AM

98o hand, i think i never get a free card, but foxsports never folds anything here anyways esp if i checkraise flop. i think i can peel turn almost no matter what card hits too
Old 08-19-2007, 01:37 AM

A6 hand, its close. i would certainly check behind an ace or any non-6 card, but the 6 is a tough card because getting checkraised here makes me go to showdown for 3 bets instead of 1. i think its ok to check behind ANY turn card if he bluffs river often enough