Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-08-2007, 03:42 PM

Default How to play a combo draw >200BB

A little confused here...Villian is 16/11/20(!) I have over 800 hands with him. Ultra-aggressive, likes to shove.

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.50/$1 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

Villian (SB): $291.80
BB: $161.55
UTG: $110.20
Hero (CO): $218.90
BTN: $74.50

Preflop: Hero is dealt 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (5 Players)
<font color="red">UTG raises to $4.00</font>, Hero calls $4.00, BTN folds, Villian calls $3.50, BB folds

Flop: ($13) 5 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (3 Players)
<font color="red">Villian bets $8.00</font>, UTG folds, Hero calls $8.00

Turn: ($29) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Villian bets $19.00</font>, Hero calls $19.00

River: ($67) 9 (2 Players)
Villian checks, Hero checks

Pot Size: $67.00 ($67 Rake)

I was considering a raise on the flop, but he usually doesn't donk out unless he has a big hand (prefers to C/R). I also didnt want to get blown off the hand. IF you were to raise, what would a good amount be?

When he checked on the river, I considered 1/2 potting, but decided against it as there arent a lot of hands he would give up at that point (possibly 56 or A5h). Spew or no?

Thank you in advance.
Old 07-08-2007, 03:51 PM

Default Re: How to play a combo draw >200BB

UTG raise from nit easy fold pf. As played id probably raise the flop to like 24ish. Just callin and if we hit on turn IMO seems like obv we were drawing and hit. Plus we have some FE in raising the flop. On turn we are gettin odds probably to make this like a neutral EV call but once again just callin looks like we are chasin a draw and if we hit on river unless villian has a really good hand i dont think we get much value out of him...but TBH im no really sure about post flop cause i fold this pre
Old 07-08-2007, 04:50 PM

Fold pf v nit. As played need to raise to get money in the pot for when you hit your draw. I play combo draws very aggressively as you have so many outs ldo.
Old 07-08-2007, 04:55 PM

ppl utg is not villain. Still fold preflop tho.

I think you probably played it fine if he is leading the flop strong most of the time.
Old 07-08-2007, 04:56 PM

oops didnt notice UTG isnt villian...id still fold tho, that also does make me less inclined to raise the flop.
Old 07-08-2007, 04:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I think you probably played it fine if he is leading the flop strong most of the time.

[/ QUOTE ] I disagree, the value in combo draws comes largely from their FE. You need to be raising and playing agg. Since you didn't fold PF you're essentially in the best position to play this hand the way it should be, use it.
Old 07-08-2007, 05:01 PM

I would raise the flop to about $25, or whatever you would normally raise to here. The board is def. scarry so you would prolly raise a set here - which fits good w/ your pf line.

Your in pos, and hu ... reraise the flop.
Old 07-08-2007, 05:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] I disagree, the value in combo draws comes largely from their FE. You need to be raising and playing agg. Since you didn't fold PF you're essentially in the best position to play this hand the way it should be, use it.

[/ QUOTE ]

If he is leading strong then we don't have fold equity. How we should play depends on his range as well as our hand. Yes I raise here against most opponents but reads can change things.
Old 07-08-2007, 05:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If he is leading strong then we don't have fold equity. How we should play depends on his range as well as our hand. Yes I raise here against most opponents but reads can change things.

[/ QUOTE ] Edit: missed the bottom of the post. I suck at reading entire posts. In that case I agree w/ Jamougah.
Old 07-08-2007, 05:32 PM

ya i still fold pf though