Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Do you hate poker?
Yep. But I play it anyway. 78 56.12%
NO WTFbwafBbQ you sux 61 43.88%
Voters: 139. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-28-2007, 11:16 PM

Default Re: The Official NFL Draft Thread

Final Pick of the day is Johnnie Lee Higgins and with that we conclude NFL Draft Day 1, the longest Day 1 in history (11hrs and 4min).

Wow, thoughts? I still think the Browns were the leaders here. As a fan, I like my Colts draft, and those last two were great IMO.

Cody
Old 04-28-2007, 11:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
As a fan, I like my Colts draft, and those last two were great IMO.

Cody

[/ QUOTE ]

Quit bragging [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 04-28-2007, 11:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Final Pick of the day is Johnnie Lee Higgins and with that we conclude NFL Draft Day 1, the longest Day 1 in history (11hrs and 4min).

Wow, thoughts? I still think the Browns were the leaders here. As a fan, I like my Colts draft, and those last two were great IMO.

Cody

[/ QUOTE ]

Cardinals vs. Broncos in Chandler 2008.
Old 04-28-2007, 11:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Cody

[/ QUOTE ]

I am really happy with the falcons draft class so far. Picked up the pass rusher we needed, the olinemen we needed, and a very powerful CB who can replace the worst starter on our team
Old 04-28-2007, 11:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Cody

[/ QUOTE ]

I am really happy with the falcons draft class so far. Picked up the pass rusher we needed, the olinemen we needed, and a very powerful CB who can replace the worst starter on our team

[/ QUOTE ]

No kidding D. Hall plus this kid should be sick in a year or so.

Cody
Old 04-28-2007, 11:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well Edwards or Johnson will definitely be there. I wonder what direction the Jags go with this pick.

[/ QUOTE ]

Get that Mets' garbage avatar out of here. RFN!!!

Go Jags!
Old 04-28-2007, 11:40 PM

I think the Cardinals had a pretty sick draft

You grab Levi Brown who knocks u on your ass in the running game, looks to be a stud Right or Left tackle, and will be taught by one of the best in Russ Grimm.

We then snag what could end up being the steal of the draft in Alan Branch in the 2nd round. I went out to get something to eat and saw a copy of the Sporting News NFL draft issue from a couple of weeks ago. Every mock draft had Branch going in the Top 12 with many having him going 5-10. The whole character/lazy issue seems a bit overblown and in interviews he seems really ticked by all the people doubting him.

Buster Davis looks like a quicker Zach Thomas and should play great with Karlos Dansby.

Solid 3 picks.
Old 04-28-2007, 11:59 PM

I think the Jets had a very good draft. Although I have Hall rated higher, Darrelle Revis was a nice addition, and David Harris was a steal when they got him.

How the Eagles could pass on Harris to take Kolb is beyond me. Andy Reid said that they planned to take the best available player no matter what, since he felt like they had no real needs. That's fine, but how is Kevin Kolb the top player on your board at that point? I think quarterback was probably the last position they needed, not to meantion that they could have picked up Kolb at least two rounds later. Sorry, I'm ranting, but this is horrible.

I also agree that Arizona had a nice draft. I think Cleveland's draft this year is nice, but I don't like trading next year's first round pick. Meh.
Old 04-29-2007, 12:03 AM

NFL network was saying that Moss has agreed to renegotiate his contract but only for the NE Patriots...
Old 04-29-2007, 12:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Cody

[/ QUOTE ]

My thoughts are that it was too long and the hype is sickening. How did the Giants do?