Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-30-2006, 10:53 AM

Default tpgk vs calling station + river bet

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.05 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Hero ($10)
Button ($9.20)
SB :#A500AF(villian)/ ($5.48)
BB ($3.94)
UTG ($10.40)
MP ($3.95)

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. Hero posts a blind of $0.05.
UTG calls $0.05, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero (poster) checks, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB :#A500AF(villian)/ completes, BB checks.

Flop: ($0.20) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
villian checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $0.4</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $0.8</font>, villian calls $0.80, BB folds, UTG calls $0.40.

Turn: ($2.60) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
villian checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $1.25</font>, villian calls $1.25, UTG folds.

River: ($5.10) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">villian bets $0.3</font>, Hero calls $0.30.

Final Pot: $5.70

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
villian has 4d 5c (three of a kind, fives).
Hero has Qh Kd (two pair, kings and fives).
Outcome: villian wins $5.70. </font>

I have a few questions here.

1. Is the rr on the flop a good move?

2. What about my turn play, should I have bet more checked any thoughts?

On the River I put him on the a broken fd, but since this is my first hand at the table I just called to see what was going on here.

I know it is only one hand but he kept playing this way the whole rest of the time I was at the table and I didn't know how to adjust to him.

Do I treat him as a calling station because he did call down with pretty much any pair, but he did also raise rarely pre-flop. He also would take the lead in the betting occasionally, but usually he was just calling.

Do you just tighten up here and bet your monsters pre-flop?

Do you loosen up since his range is pretty wide and value bet your made hands on the flop?

Thanks in advanced.
Old 08-30-2006, 11:06 AM

Default Re: tpgk vs calling station + river bet

Don't post results.

Raise pf.

You accomplish little minraising on the flop. Bet or raise more on the flop to protect your hand and gain value versus a calling station.

On the turn, if you think you may be behind, check for pot control. Since it's a calling station, you should put in a bet, and a bet that does not give him odds to catch something.

It already would have been in the middle by the river, but that bet confuses me. Normally, I'd be inclined to raise since it looks like a weak king now.
Old 08-30-2006, 11:15 AM

Default Re: tpgk vs calling station + river bet

raise preflop

make a real raise on the flop

bet 3/4pot on the turn