Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2007, 01:40 PM

Default Re: QQ Top Set Deep-Stacked

yeah as played fold.

keyser's range is so weighted towards A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]Kx/flush that you aren't getting odds.

4bet this pf though all day.
Old 11-09-2007, 01:43 PM

I dunno if he knew who I was or what, because given how I had been playing I looked pretty solid. Then he reraises to 3x my raise with 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. I don't think that's something you should do that early in a session, you know? Especially the sizing too, that's a semibluff hand, not a value reraise hand.
Old 11-09-2007, 01:50 PM

Default Re: QQ Top Set Deep-Stacked vs. Keyser

flop and turn are fine, call, get money in.

His range looks to be AA-JJ/AK. So, 16 combos of the AK you dont want to see; 18 combos of JJ/TT/AA/KK. Granted the range is weighted more toward AK, but you can't fold here. Plus the random times, he'll Tx9c or whatever (rare, but maybe 4% of time he'll have goofy stuff).

Plus, you're 22.7% to win when he does have the AK, when he has AA, you're 86%, JJ/TT- 97%, KK-77%
Old 11-09-2007, 02:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I dunno if he knew who I was or what, because given how I had been playing I looked pretty solid. Then he reraises to 3x my raise with 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. I don't think that's something you should do that early in a session, you know? Especially the sizing too, that's a semibluff hand, not a value reraise hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think he 3-bet you for value. Pre-flop, for a TAG'ish player (which it sounds like you are) you're likely to be opening say, most pairs and broadway cards.

A large # of those types of hands can't stand a re-raise from a good/aggressive player or at a minimum are in an awkward spot after the flop if called. It'll usually go check/bet/fold.

Keyser knows this, so I think his 3-bet was partially to try and force you to fold immediately or make tough decisions after the flop comes out. After this particular flop comes out, he's got a flush draw with you likely to have gotten a piece of the flop (given the texture) so calling a half-pot sized bet is reasonable, as he might get paid down the line by a broadway straight or maybe 2 pair or something.

I play smaller stakes than this, but in Micros there's a good sticky w/ a link to floating and 3-betting light:
http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...e=0#Post7758748

wrt to this hand in particular, on the turn he's really not afraid that you have a flush, since, you would never play A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] this way, at worst you might have a flush draw with a bigger clubthan him, but that's still a dog to his made hand. I'm pretty sure he didn't figure you had QQ. fwiw, i think given that you didn't 4-bet him pre-flop, you did well to not lose as much as you could have if you called his turn jam with top set. with stacks this deep, i don't think you have enough equity to call profitably.