Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-2007, 01:39 PM

Default Semibluff reraise ends up 3-handed postflop

On my right in the CO, I have an aggressive player, PAHud tells me hes stolen 15/32 times in the past 148 hands. He open-raises from CO, on the button I have 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], and reraise. Much to my dismay the SB and CO call. I have like 10 hands on SB, and his stats are at like 70/0/0.7 (obviously not very telling).

The flop comes:

K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Checks to me, the pot is about $35. Should I bet or just check this one? And if I bet, how much should I bet?
Old 11-01-2007, 01:47 PM

Default Re: Semibluff reraise ends up 3-handed postflop

If you are going to make a play and bluff, I would at least follow through with it. Making a $25 bet on this flop sounds good. Neither villain will call without a king. If they do call, just hit runner runner flush.
Old 11-01-2007, 01:52 PM

i think plenty of non king hands call here. no way QQ or JJ is just conceding this pot. not that that doesnt mean to fire a barrel but im not sure if that is the best line or not, esp since the board has no draw and we have no draw
Old 11-01-2007, 02:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i think plenty of non king hands call here. no way QQ or JJ is just conceding this pot. not that that doesnt mean to fire a barrel but im not sure if that is the best line or not, esp since the board has no draw and we have no draw

[/ QUOTE ]

Meh, you might be right. My thinking was that 3-betting pf and betting into 2 villains on this flop shows a lot of stregth, and will fold out the majority of hands that have you beat.

I bet this flop.