Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-23-2007, 02:09 PM

Default Re: $11r.. I think I should squeeze here *DELETED*

Post deleted by 4CardStraight
Old 07-23-2007, 02:11 PM

Default Re: $11r.. I think I should squeeze here

Yeah that's why I think I should've squeezed.. There's too many situations where I probably have the best hand but I have no idea what to do if I just flat call pre. Sigh [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 07-23-2007, 02:36 PM

I can see that pushing would be approx 1/5 increase to your stack , but what if he wake up with a hand? Or if you kno hes a loose caller why risk it on a flip when your in relatively good position? Im not saying your wrong i just wanted to kno bc these are the spots I have trouble with. Do you think 99 is lowest thing your pushing. Obv if you kno he will fold a good majority you can be pushing ATC, is that a move youll make alot?
Old 07-23-2007, 02:39 PM

Man, if you call this preflop, bet this flop!!! This board is scary to most players and betting ~4500-5000 will win this a good chunk of the time! Checking it through gives another player a shot to take the pot away.

I would bet, then proceed cautiously if raised or called.
Old 07-23-2007, 02:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Man, if you call this preflop, bet this flop!!! This board is scary to most players and betting ~4500-5000 will win this a good chunk of the time! Checking it through gives another player a shot to take the pot away.

I would bet, then proceed cautiously if raised or called.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a very nice flop for you - only one over, a crappy one at that (a K or A is by far more worrisome), three spades, and two checks. Bet 4000 here and try to take the pot away. Plus, if you bet here, the turn gets checked, you can proceed cautiously (check behind, though you may want to bet again); and then the river could be a nice bluff catch if an other over / spade doesn't pop up.

Barry
Old 07-23-2007, 02:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Pushing here is probably the easier play to make if you decide to raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont think you can do this here can you? Your way to deep to just shove all in. I mean you have 12.5x the 2400 raise... would you really shove here w/ AA/KK/QQ or just make it 6-10k... Shoving (imo) lets the "squezies" take those hands out of your range...
Old 07-23-2007, 03:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont think you can do this here can you? Your way to deep to just shove all in. I mean you have 12.5x the 2400 raise... would you really shove here w/ AA/KK/QQ or just make it 6-10k... Shoving (imo) lets the "squezies" take those hands out of your range...

[/ QUOTE ]

I do shove QQ+ here quite a bit. Big overbets usually scream "marginal" and this play could easily be read as a squeeze, thus making it with 99 as well as QQ+ more effective overall.

To me, only raising QQ+ to 10k is incorrect because it makes your holdings easy to read. However, raising 99 to that amount is committing a large chunk or your stack to a pot you will probably have to get away from if called. Pushing QQ+ in these spots wins you a decent pot, makes you less predictable, and allows you to make the same move with 99 and not be identified by the "squeezeies" as holding a 'meh' hand.
Old 07-23-2007, 03:14 PM

well, i guess it depends on what level you think the squeezeies think on. Like, would they think a 3-4x RR Squeeze is a monster, or do they know you know they know a 3-4x RR Squeeze is a monster so you might shove a monster instead. I guess the buyin has something to do with this?
Old 07-23-2007, 03:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Appearances are important, granted. However, any reasonable raise here is create a pot that's bigger than their stacks on their flop so shoving is perfectly reasonable and shouldn't (though usually does) affect their calling ranges.