Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-20-2006, 12:33 PM

Default Re: Capone0\'s NFL Rankings after week 11

[ QUOTE ]
These guys are definitely the elite. I'm not sure if the Colts matchup well at all with the Chargers b/c of the 3-4. Colts need to get some more wide receiver sets against Ds like what Dallas pulled yesterday with the 3-4.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just know that all those teams currently have holes. Both the Colts and Chargers play poor defense. The Broncos defense doesn't look great anymore, and neither does their offense. The Bears are probably the best team, but Rexy is prone to some poor playing which would scare me as a Bear fan.

I think the playoffs are going to be wide open.
Old 11-20-2006, 12:35 PM

Every team in the league has holes. Colts D has been better as of late. Chargers D has been worse. Then again Colts O hasn't been as good lately. Bears O isn't nearly as good as they were in the beginning of the year. Grossman scares me.

Denver's D hasn't played that well but their O is better than the beginning of the year.
Old 11-20-2006, 12:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Every team in the league has holes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure. I guess my point is that the league seems more wide open than in the past 3-4 years. I wouldn't be surprised at all to see the Chargers, Colts, Broncos, Bears, or Patriots be champions.
Old 11-20-2006, 01:09 PM

remember that the chargers were missing 3 dudes from their front 7 for most of the denver game. When theyre healthy the chargers defense is a top 5 defense.
Old 11-20-2006, 01:12 PM

Anyone know if the Colts have ever run 5 wide sets? I think that's how you beat some of the 3-4 sets that Pittsburgh, and Chargers pull out. Honestly this year other than Marvin and Reggie I haven't heard from 1 of there other WRs on the roster (are there any?).
Old 11-20-2006, 01:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone know if the Colts have ever run 5 wide sets? I think that's how you beat some of the 3-4 sets that Pittsburgh, and Chargers pull out. Honestly this year other than Marvin and Reggie I haven't heard from 1 of there other WRs on the roster (are there any?).

[/ QUOTE ]

No they usually don't. As for their other receivers, Stokley has been nursing an ankle injury, he'll be back when they need him (not counting Dallas because it seems they really don't care about going unbeaten). Also their D is missing their starting MLB and both starting Safties. They really haven't done all that bad considering. (Interesting note, looking at their schedule, if they lose to both Jax and Cinncy and win out otherwise, that'll make them 13-3 and most likely playing for HFA into the last week [which they'll most likely get], wonder if this loss makes them more dangerous or less dangerous.)

As for the ranking, yeah I'd say you about nailed it. The Chargers are the only NFL team that can stop the Colts in their current form (not counting a game where variance kicks your ass in Dallas) so I'd agree with them being 1a/b. My only problem is with Chicago. Everyone knows about their D, but man that O is really nothing. People seem to forget that they've played 2 or 3 teams with a winning record, and while every game is tough in the NFL, they really weren't that impressive.

Playoffs are indeed wide open though. Should be alot of fun come Januray.

Cody
Old 11-20-2006, 01:55 PM

Why is it the Bear haters always bring out the schedule card? When somehow trying to say they arent a good team? Their offense is nothing? Hmm second highest points scored in the NFL. Best point differental in the NFL, but oh wait they havent played anyone yet.

Yeah they played some crap teams but what is not impressive about some of their wins, well most of them anyway by 25+ points. They can only play who is on their schedule. They have fewer holes than anyone in the NFL.
Old 11-20-2006, 02:49 PM

Chicago's O is much better than Indy's D. Chicago also has a very large special teams edge.

Variance didn't really kick their ass in Dallas, Dallas was favored, yeah, got a bit lucky, but at the same time, Manning does struggle against good 3-4's.

I think it's
1. Bears
2. Chargers
3. Colts
4. Giants (depending on healthiness at end of season)
5. Dallas
6. Baltimore
7. Denver
8. New England
9. Jacksonville
10. Kansas City

The best teams are pretty banged up though (except Chicago, who has Grossman), so I don't really know. Seems very wide open.

I sure hope/think the Seahawks are good enough to make a run at the playoffs (and Dallas/NYG/Chicago) with Hasselbeck at the helm.