Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-29-2007, 05:23 PM

Default How\'s my line here? (2/4)

PokerStars Pot-Limit Omaha High, $4 BB (6 handed) Poker Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

BB ($159.40)
UTG ($665.60)
MP ($400)
CO ($449.60)
Button ($363.45)
Hero ($843)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $14</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $46</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls $32.

Flop: ($96) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $80</font>, UTG calls $80.

Turn: ($256) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $253</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $539.6</font>, Hero calls $286.60.

UTG is very loose playing at 72/54 over 100 hands. Other than that, no real read on him.

Is a check better on the turn or should I continue trying to represent AAxx on the turn after picking up a few more outs with the Q of spades.

My table image is semi tight playing at around 22/10 and I haven't really reraised any hands especially out of position.
Old 10-29-2007, 05:33 PM

Default Re: How\'s my line here? (2/4)

wow, strong play......espeacially that deep.

i like it.

i dont care for your holdings but against those stats, i'm inclined to play it the same way pre flop.......but those have also been part of my losing sessions too sometimes. blah.

however, you made the play, showed strength, picked up a few more nut outs on turn........no sense in slowing down now. good play.
Old 10-29-2007, 05:37 PM

I hate the turn bet. You're betting pot with nothing more than draws and they seem to be drawing slim (clubs and a king/jack). I don't like the turn call either, I would probably lay it down knowing the villain has AAxx or QQxx, or even a set at the least, all of which have you crushed if you don't hit your club/jack. I think a 'minimal' bet of say $120 or so on the turn would be fine, but betting full pot seems way too out of the ordinary, probably villain realizing you're trying to rep AAxx when he holds AAxx or QQxx with a club draw.

I just don't see the sense in your turn play at all. Slowing down/checking is a no no, but you don't have to bet pot where the only thing pushing and/or calling are things that have you beat on the turn, leaving you to draw for very possible slim river outs.
Old 10-29-2007, 05:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
don't like the turn call either, I would probably lay it down knowing the villain has AAxx or QQxx, or even a set at the least, all of which have you crushed if you don't hit your club/jack.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope you're joking about not calling that turn. And I probably play this hand the same way.
Old 10-29-2007, 05:44 PM

You're pot committed, so obv you call.
Old 10-29-2007, 05:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I hate the turn bet. You're betting pot with nothing more than draws and they seem to be drawing slim (clubs and a king/jack). I don't like the turn call either, I would probably lay it down knowing the villain has AAxx or QQxx, or even a set at the least, all of which have you crushed if you don't hit your club/jack. I think a 'minimal' bet of say $120 or so on the turn would be fine, but betting full pot seems way too out of the ordinary, probably villain realizing you're trying to rep AAxx when he holds AAxx or QQxx with a club draw.

I just don't see the sense in your turn play at all. Slowing down/checking is a no no, but you don't have to bet pot where the only thing pushing and/or calling are things that have you beat on the turn, leaving you to draw for very possible slim river outs.

[/ QUOTE ]

hey, i'm not exactly thrilled here either but a play was made. op was called on the flop which doesnt show a lot of strength by villan. i cant see slowing down on the turn now. once a play is made and weakness is shown, then there has to be follow up comittment.

its not exactly like we are drawing dead here and there is total fold equity on the turn. villan is loose and can easily be pealing one off on the flop to see the turn. if the quuen helped the villan, than so be it........but i myself am betting here and going all the way.

its just another strongly played hand that is a winner in the long run.......as played. i could care less about the results of this particular hand.
Old 10-29-2007, 06:03 PM

Looks completely standard. A lot of the time villian will call the flop with a weak made hand checking to "see if you really have AA" and then fold the turn and against a draw, your KK could be good. I would play it exactly the same.
Old 10-29-2007, 06:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why should I put him on AAxx? He's been raising 50% of his hands and when I reraised him preflop, he didn't 4 bet my pf raise. A typical hyper-lag spew player would 4 bet with AAxx preflop almost every time.

Based on this alone, I think its extremely easy to represent AAxx here. Based on my image, and my reraise out of position, it is so perfect for repping this kind of hand. AAxx would pot the turn to chase out any flush draws or low wrapish kind of hands (2345 with 2 clubs) and potting it makes sense to get max value out of a flopped set.

The only hands I could put him on after he called my flop bet was a queen high club draw with, a combo club/straight draw, or 88xx or 33xx. If he had 88xx with 2 clubs or 33xx with 2 clubs, I'd think he raises my flop bet.

QQxx doesn't even make a difference as on the turn, I'm assumming my outs are 7 clubs, 3 jacks, AND 2 kings. I also feel like the way I represented my hand with my play, I have a lot of fold equity against bottom or mid set. If the guy decides to be a fish, I'm also getting my money in with him drawing to an inferior flush and am really only looking bad if he has an ace with his flush draw.

Betting non pot on the turn is just so bad imo. My only concern was if checking was a decent option for the turn or if it was +EV to double barrel a 70/50 crazy opponent.
Old 10-29-2007, 06:08 PM

I swear your last fifty posts are all about nothing but the long run without actually saying anything of interest/use.
Old 10-29-2007, 06:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I swear your last fifty posts are all about nothing but the long run without actually saying anything of interest/use.

[/ QUOTE ]

really? then i'll just disapear then. i didnt come here to waste anyone's time. good luck all.