Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Coaching/Training > Stoxpoker.com
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-20-2007, 10:23 AM

Default Re: Stoxtrader is \"In the Well\"

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
why don't you ever play the mid-high lhe games (i.e. 30/60 to 100/200) on stars and ftp?

or am i wrong in assuming that your screen name is stoxtrader at both?

[/ QUOTE ]

well?

heh [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I mostly play NL these days.
Old 10-20-2007, 10:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It is easy to put players in a class such as fish or lag but harder to subdivide these category's and develop a plan to exploit the specific weaknesses. Can you please explain your thought processes on finding and exploiting specific weaknesses?

[/ QUOTE ]

you just need to focus on greater subclassifications. here are a couple to get you started...

someone who goes to showdown more than 30% narrow your bluffing range and widen your valuebetting range. Someone who does to showdown less than 20 do the reverse, and do the same in a smaller fashion for the levels in between.

somone who has an aggressino factor that is very high relative to their vpip you can c/c a lot of made hands, someone who has a very low aggression you can make lots of correct folds, etc etc.

this is for 1/2 nlhe. Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-20-2007, 01:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Stox....
Besides just looking at hands you won/lost...What methods do you use to study your stats/hands to look for corrections???

[/ QUOTE ]

Stox - please elaborate on this. I see this all the time, study PT, blah blah blah. Not just from you but others as well. But in what sense do you study PT. How, what do you look at, what do you compare, what do the stats mean in relation to other stats, how do you put all of it together, is there a routine method you do, do you study PT after every single session or before session or end of week, etc..

Can you go a little deeper on this, details please.

Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

I just open it up and stare at the general screen.

j/k

really what you are asking here is almost a coaching session. But basically comparing stats/lines/styles between yours, the norm for the limit and the "best" players and trying to make your game as solid as possible.

An example would be playing AKo in the SB SH in NL 3 bet pots. What type of flop play are ppl using? I have seen lindgren c/r AI on a rag board, I used to see lolotricked you call down, etc etc...

[/ QUOTE ]

I am looking for ways to study PT or Pokeroffice. You mention that this is almost a coaching session. I am looking at joining your site. Is the coaching session included or is it an extra free... PT is great but All I really know what to do with it is check my starting hands and my profit/loss..

ty
Old 10-20-2007, 03:31 PM

We have a FREE Tutorial video here:

http://www.stoxpoker.com/pokertracker-landing#

Enjoy!
Old 10-20-2007, 06:34 PM

How many tables do you usually play at once? Also, how do you minimize the risk of "internet disconnections"? Is your current ISP stable and consistent enough to "safely" play like 6 tables of nosebleed or high stakes? It would be a nightmare to timeout when you have a full house on the turn card on one of your table.

I've had this happen to me a few times before as I'm sure it has for anyone that plays lots of tables and puts the hours in. I can't imagine playing anything higher than NL400 when multitabling without running like a dual ISP off a special router that can autoswitch on on-the-fly. I've heard that something like that can used, but I'm not currently using anything like that. Do you feel like something like that is needed for multitablers that play high enough?
Old 10-20-2007, 06:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How many tables do you usually play at once? Also, how do you minimize the risk of "internet disconnections"? Is your current ISP stable and consistent enough to "safely" play like 6 tables of nosebleed or high stakes? It would be a nightmare to timeout when you have a full house on the turn card on one of your table.

I've had this happen to me a few times before as I'm sure it has for anyone that plays lots of tables and puts the hours in. I can't imagine playing anything higher than NL400 when multitabling without running like a dual ISP off a special router that can autoswitch on on-the-fly. I've heard that something like that can used, but I'm not currently using anything like that. Do you feel like something like that is needed for multitablers that play high enough?

[/ QUOTE ]

I've tried to get it, but have not been able too. I use a battery backup for power supply, but my internet connection backup is a wireless aircard so I can play if internet is down but I dont think I could switch over fast enough in the middle of a hand.
Old 10-21-2007, 01:54 AM

Stox I would like to tell you that I have your book, and am now considering playing limit again because of it. I have a 3k online roll and play the NL .50 game. I used to play limit when I started playing poker, but got away from it. Do you have any idea where I should start again with limit poker based on my roll and how the games are online today?

Thanks!
Shady
Old 10-21-2007, 10:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Stox I would like to tell you that I have your book, and am now considering playing limit again because of it. I have a 3k online roll and play the NL .50 game. I used to play limit when I started playing poker, but got away from it. Do you have any idea where I should start again with limit poker based on my roll and how the games are online today?

Thanks!
Shady

[/ QUOTE ]

stars and FTP are probably the two best places in terms of quantity of games, but I'm completely up on this.

your roll is sufficient for 5/10 at the most but I would *start* much lower, like give 1/2 or 2/4 a shot and see how it goes and if you enjoy it....
Old 10-22-2007, 07:23 AM

what is your hand range for calling a raise when you are Big blind in 6-max limit.
Also how much bb/hand you think is a resonable loss overall in the big blind.

vs 30/20 lags
when lag in diff spots =
utg
hijack
cutoff
button
sb

ps.... i got a big leak in my BB obviously
Old 10-22-2007, 10:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
what is your hand range for calling a raise when you are Big blind in 6-max limit.
Also how much bb/hand you think is a resonable loss overall in the big blind.

vs 30/20 lags
when lag in diff spots =
utg
hijack
cutoff
button
sb

ps.... i got a big leak in my BB obviously

[/ QUOTE ]

pretty big question.

your loss in the BB will be a function of how many players are at your table, 5-6 handed I think I lost .17-.2bb/hand, I think its in my book but I might be getting it mixed up with results vs a steal.

I'm more sure about this number - I fold BB to a steal approx 38-41% of the time so I defend 60% of the time.