Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-15-2007, 01:30 PM

Default Re: Some Stuff About PUA (very long)

Look, there are a ton of guys who are jerkoffs, if they get into the community they likely will remain like that at least for a while (but have a greater chance of getting beyond it)...the "nice" guys who go into the community and become asshats aren't actually nice...they are just soooo passive until they realize not to be. Genuinely nice/good ppl who get into it are going build an edgier version of themselves, ofc, but they won't turn into monsters.

Yugoslav
Old 08-15-2007, 01:31 PM

oh shtye. good stuff kkf. very good stuff.
Old 08-15-2007, 01:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I tell her about the time my only love in life cheated on me when I went to do charity work in East Africa (I couldn't think of an African country so I just said East Africa)

[/ QUOTE ]

rofl
Old 08-15-2007, 01:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]

DrewDevil has made some very good posts, and anyone who is actually interested should pay attention to them

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. I'm not sure what "blanket list" Anacardo was referring to but I think some of DrewDevil's posts in here were really good.

Here is a portion of one of his posts. I don't like to make generalizations about men and women but I think there's a lot of truth to what he says,

[ QUOTE ]
Another benefit of the PUA info is to stress the importance of practice, i.e., approaching a lot of different women. Instead of locking in on one woman and building her up to be the goddess/muse/soulmate/meaning of life, he approaches the women he finds attractive and tries to be attractive to them. He knows he will be rejected most of the time, but that he will improve with practice and not fail all of the time, etc.

Finally, the PUA stuff teaches you that a woman will try to control/dominate the man, but does not actually want to succeed, for the most part. She is trying to find the most attractive man, i.e., one that is confident enough not to simply do whatever she wants, but to do what HE wants (as LFS' great post says). Once he establishes that he is not necessarily just going to bend to her will, she knows he is a confident man, the kind she would like to be with.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-15-2007, 01:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I violated his anal region which has pyschological implications,

[/ QUOTE ]

LOOOOOOOOOOOOLLL
Old 08-15-2007, 01:53 PM

Cardo,

"Let's really humor me; go ahead and rattle these universal characteristics off."

Waste of time. You know what they are.
Old 08-15-2007, 01:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
the word PUA, and the PUA community seems to be associated w/ more ideas and concepts besides the completely obvious trio of dress nice, be confident, be interesting. If this is where it ends for you, perhaps PUA isn't a good word to describe yourself. Maybe you guys can coin a new word, (Moral) MPUA.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't want to put words in your mouth, but I suspect that the notion/widespread belief that PUA is "immoral" is based on the fact that the guy is not "himself" when he approaches women, right? That he creates a "facade" (which Cardo "detests") or uses canned, rehearsed material, or flat out deceives or lies to his "target." Amirite?

I think the response to this is that guys are not 100% honest in their interactions with women NOW. Your average guy does not walk up to a girl he wants and say "I really want to have sex with you" or "I really want you to be my girlfriend" or whatever it is he wants.

And why not? Because he knows it doesn't work. Instead, he adopts a "facade" of the nice, friendly, non-threatening non-sexual guy, the bumbling nervous guy who manages to win the girl's heart in the movies by "being himself."

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the part where I think PUA-type thinking can be the bumbler, in that it it sometimes assumes that men and women are necessarily some sort of opponents to each other, both in sexual and non-sexual matters, and that all interaction proceeds from that premise. I think in a way this can be self-fulfilling; if you sexualize everything and turn it into a conflict of wills, well, everything will indeed be "revealed" to be sexual and about conflicts and opposite motives. What else could it be, if you insist on making it so?

Actually people of either sex can work toward the same goal, of getting along well and having a good time, quite naturally, and then see where it leads, if anybody's interested or if it comes to that.

Being a nice, friendly, non-threatening guy doesn't have to stand in for some other set of goals or mean something else; it can be genuinely who you are. And women will often like you a lot for it; at least as good, even if they have no interest in you themselves, they'll often pave the way for you with their social crowd, which will of course include lots of other women. Being a relaxed, regular guy doesn't have anything to do with being non-sexual either; it's recognizing that there is a time and place for everything, and that sexualizing every encounter is not necessary, not even for sex.

For sexual purposes, it relies on picking up cues and giving your own, which women pick up on very easily(sometimes when they're not even there, among the conceited types). It really doesn't take very much to pick out who likes who during normal socializing. I think a lot of guys would do better to learn to pay more attention and pick up on women's cues than to try to be the driving force behind every encounter. There's plenty of time for that. I'm pretty sure most men probably overlook women's signals of interest in them regularly and are doing better than they think. And if they learned to relax a bit, they'd do better still. All without any particularly complex strategies or seminars. More just -- paying attention. A huge life skill that probably a lot of guys discount and would do very well to develop.
Old 08-15-2007, 02:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Here is a post by an English PUA artist who is known as IcezTea on various aspects of the Game.

Again, I tell him that Im having a hard time, Im not as smart as him and I get him to do more of my work. I deside to take it to the next level, when no one is looking, I stick my finger into his buttcrack. He jumps and asks what I am doing. I just laugh and pretend that it was a joke. There is a silence and I go to the break room and bring him back a Sprite (yesterday i noticed that he drinks Sprite). I violated his anal region which has pyschological implications, and now I am showing him that I pay attention to him and know what soda he likes.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL WTF this guy is a jerk who needs to come out of the closet.
Old 08-15-2007, 02:06 PM

KKF,

"I stick my finger into his buttcrack."

LOL
Old 08-15-2007, 02:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I have no doubt that a lot of the guys who are "pua's" act a lot like that. I agreed w/ him, about sizing people up, but when he started looking at everyone as douche bag marks, I was like wtf? guys like this are fortunetly very easy to see right through.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've known a ton of frat guys that are exactly like this. Huge egos, heavily invested in the idea of how slick they are and how much smarter than everyone else. Must be hard.

A young new lawyer where I used to work could have been a carbon copy of this guy. In a firm of 100 people, he came in thinking he was King Sh*t, and looked more and more unravelled as he realized that everyone wasn't as dumb as he gave them credit for and not just his immediately despised underlings but even his bosses couldn't stand him. It was a pretty hilarious turn-around. Potential career-ruiner.

I think he realized it would be hard to make partner when everyone thinks you're a total ass. He moved on within two years.