Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-12-2007, 09:28 AM

Default Re: Some Stuff About PUA (very long)

Every PUA I've hung out with drinks pretty heavily when they go out.
Old 08-12-2007, 02:18 PM

Old 08-12-2007, 04:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, women like sex but don't want to look like sl*ts, and like to drink but don't want to look like drunks. So they need guys to play along. If you don't drink as much as they do, they start to feel like they look bad and they better stop having fun. And they know what all that drinking is supposed to lead to just as well as you do, so if you shut down their drinking by being a party pooper, you look like you disapprove of the whole party/get laid process.

Not to say you have to mirror them exactly, but cranberry juice? If a girl wants to party and maybe have some sex with someone she barely knows that night, she wants it with a guy who seems like he's not going to judge her for doing it. A guy with cranberry juice in a bar doesn't seem like he would give off that vibe, to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Two points here:
1. Drinking alcohol doesn't make a guy who is not going to judge her. Being a person whose behavior conveys that you're not going to judge her makes you a person who is not going to judge her.

2. There is one very easy dodge if they actually do look at you weird for not drinking. "I'm the designated driver." If you're flying solo "I'm driving." End of situation. Now get to work talking to her [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-12-2007, 05:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
By the way, it bears repeating that it's a terrible idea to ask women what they think of PUAs or PUA principles. What women SAY they are attracted to and what they are ACTUALLY attracted to are completely different things (again, for the most part).

[/ QUOTE ]

Body language for the win. The key is to get a woman talking about you. It doesn't matter what they say, but if they can keep talking about you then it means they think about you and they are attracted to you. Women don't think about guys they are not attracted to, even if they think the guy is a jerk/ass/loser.
Old 08-12-2007, 05:59 PM

1. Reality is not at issue here, but perception. It does one little good to be able to prove one's argument on paper, as whatever conflict there might be goes on in another sphere. We do not have final say in this matter, so our insistence that there need be no compromise and whatever we like will always work is in vain. There is not just our own psychology at work, but the female's. The way whatever we want will always work is when we are willing to switch targets until it does.

2. Drinking isn't necessary, but making a point of not doing it can make a girl feel out of sync with you. Sometimes that is to your advantage, sometimes not. And of course, there are always other girls. I'm just assuming for the sake of argument that for reasons of your choosing, you have already settled on your choice and are comfortable with it.
Old 08-12-2007, 06:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
LFS,

"Things that I think are goofy: peacocking"

I am not 100% sure on this, but I don't think peacocking is limited to the over-the-top dressing style. I believe normal common sense stuff like just dressing with a nice shirt and some nice shoes that women notice would also be referred to as peacocking.

I think overall you have pretty much the same impression of the PUA stuff as I do. Have you read The Game? If not, you should read it. It's a good read and addresses both some of the negative/emptier parts of the "PUA lifestyle" as well as some of the positive longer-term benefits.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think everyone here who is wondering how PUA really work should read The Game and perhaps to a greater extent even test the methods used in the field.

Just wondering, has anyone ever attended any of the seminars or classes held by Mystery's former proteges. I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts on them.
Old 08-12-2007, 07:36 PM

this is slightly off topic, but tattoos and body piercings seemed to be hated by a large majority of men. Any tattoo thread on 2+2 invariably results in a bunch responses saying that anyone w/ a tattoo is a douche bag. I think that fact that a large percentage of women get wet whenever they see a guy with a barb wire tattoo around his arms or a Japaneses language tattoo for strength on his upper back, while many guys lack the confidence to get one of these tattoos. I don't think Ive ever seen a dude under 25 covered in tattoos who wasn't with a hot chick.
Old 08-12-2007, 08:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think that fact that a large percentage of women get wet whenever they see a guy with a barb wire tattoo around his arms or a Japaneses language tattoo for strength on his upper back, while many guys lack the confidence to get one of these tattoos.

[/ QUOTE ]

looooooooooooooooooool
Old 08-12-2007, 08:10 PM

"Lack the confidence."

I notice that pretty much any refusal to make a lifestyle choice that might maximize one's poontang total - e.g. tattoos, really over-the-top clothing, barhopping / clubbing regularly, etc. - is explained away in this thread as being due to fear or a generalized 'lack of confidence.' Why is this?
Old 08-12-2007, 08:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
LFS,

"Things that I think are goofy: peacocking"

I am not 100% sure on this, but I don't think peacocking is limited to the over-the-top dressing style. I believe normal common sense stuff like just dressing with a nice shirt and some nice shoes that women notice would also be referred to as peacocking.

I think overall you have pretty much the same impression of the PUA stuff as I do. Have you read The Game? If not, you should read it. It's a good read and addresses both some of the negative/emptier parts of the "PUA lifestyle" as well as some of the positive longer-term benefits.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think everyone here who is wondering how PUA really work should read The Game and perhaps to a greater extent even test the methods used in the field.

Just wondering, has anyone ever attended any of the seminars or classes held by Mystery's former proteges. I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts on them.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, but I have met some of them as they were 'coming up' so to speak, and interacted online with many of the others. I always considered Ross' stuff way overpriced. I think the initial few mystery trainings might have been fairly priced but from what I remember I always considered all of the weekend seminars and whatnot overpriced, in particular because most all the attendees where such shy newbies that the 'training' they got could be gotten for the price of buying some together guy in a bar drinks on his downtime, or a few guys could just get together and create prop challenges, etc.

It was a lot of marketing and there was a desire to be part of the in crowd, that was one of the main motivators to take the seminars for many people I think.

One of the founders of real social dynamics was one of mysteries pawns. This dude thought he was part of mysteries click when mystery was just using him. Mystery would tell him to go practice on that 4 set (2 girls, 2 guys) and this knuckle head who talked non stop would go over there and AMOG's into leaving (actually he would just cblocked the 2 dudes from the chicks but Mystery hyped him into thinking he was learning special skills and making him feel part of the group). So then when the 2 dudes are driven crazy by mysteries pawn (who mystery just got to cblock the guys for him) and leave mystery goes and jumps in and takes over and his pawn is left high and dry anyway lol