Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Community
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-12-2007, 09:53 PM

Default Re: A very delayed WSOPC win TR ($500 prelim) tl:dr

Part 2:

So now we're in the money and i can tell my table feels like its won the lottery and i think a few guys even called their wives to tell them about their mighty accomplishments. I just wanted to go to bed. I even gave serious consideration to busting just so i could go to sleep. I leave the theater/poker room and call one of my friends and ask him to buy me one of those starbucks expresso shot things. Now if any of you has had one of these, you should know they are liquid crack. My friend brings it to me in the poker room and i drink it and am like popeye after he gets his spinich and am feeling a thousand times better and am ready to play some poker... just as soon as i get dealt a hand. "Yup anytime" i tell myself, i steal a number of blinds in position but am back in card comma and on life support as the blinds hit 600/1200 and a trillion chip ante (incase you havent figured out, the antes are quite large live). Finally i pick up AcQc in the big blind, it folds to father time who has gotten relativly short through his donkish plays and i have him slightly covered with about 22k to his 20k. He raises to 4k and i shove, he instacalls and he shows KK. Apparently im the only person on earth who is behind with 1 over vs a pocket pair and sure enough the board bricks and im down to 2k chips. As they say online, kshfskldjfaskldjfsakljfaslkjfslkf.

It's a pretty devestating feeling really when 1/3 of your chips are in the pot to pay the small blind. So it folds around to father time who now has about 40k and he open shoves, I without looking am more then happy to stick it in there with the protection as i can more then tripple up. The big blind who is the only other young player and is very good looks at him with disqust and mucks the same AcQc i had the hand before. Old man time flips over TT and i flip mine and see them for the first time a 6c8c. As the dealer deals the flop im really wishing i had an over, but i quickly lose interest when the door card is the Tc. However behind it are 5c and the 4c and i flop the flush! BB looks on in absolute disqust knowing he'd of flopped the flush, the board fails to pair and im back up to almost 8k! The next hand i shove rags on the button and pick up the blinds and continue to push heavily and before i know it im back up to 20k like nothing even happened. However father time, with his experience being on his death bed is not ready to go quietly into that good night. A middle age guy who has about 30k limps utg and immediently warning bells are going off in my head. Donkish guy in MP raises to 3500 and father time pushes allin for for about 40k. UTG guy prettends like its the hardest decision ever and after forever finally calls allin. The donkish pfr instacalls which surprises me for a minute.

Father time sheepishly flips over a 9dTd, donkish guy very proudly shows his AJo and the UTG still putting on the act finally shows his AA. The entire table congradulates him and his act that apparently fooled all of them. The flop is J65 rainbow, the turn is the 8d and all the sudden father time has a bunch of outs, and the river is a random diamond. Father time all the sudden leaps from his seat and at the top of his lounges screams "THATS WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT BABY!" The donkish guys head asplodes and the utg guy commits harry karry.

The next hour or so is rather uneventful and im actually quite shocked when they announce that there are only 2 tables left each 10 handed. My table breaks and I head to my new table with about 25k at 800/1600 400 ante. I sit in the 8 seat and size up the new table, the good young player who ive become quite friendly with is in the the 6 seat with about 60k infront of him and i kiss my blinds good bye. Father time is in seat 9 on my left with 800 jillion chips and seat 7 is a middle aged guy with a big stack. Accross the table a youngish kid in seat 1 who has a look that says "I have more money then god and its all from playing poker," thankfully he's pretty short. Seat 2 is another old donk, seat 3 is a 30ish looking guy with a moderate stack, seat 4 is super short and seat 5 has like 50k. The tourney directors announce that we will be playing till 2am, which is about 27 hours after i woke up, and im pretty psyched about that as its midway thru the next level. I eventually double as father time is spreading the wealth around and i am able to double with 88 when i he calls my raise on the button and i flop a set, i c/r allin he tanks forever then finally calls me with K high stating "I didnt think you had anything" and i am able to hold back a "well first your wrong i did, and 2nd even if i didnt neither did you," anways i hold. For the life of me i cannot figure out how some live players thought processes work. Sometimes it seems like they are all super weak/tight, but then sometimes they make such super loose calls and raises that it seriously boggles my mind.

Nothing else interesting happens to me and if something does then I dont remember it b/c i was too tired, father time eventually goes from the CL with 20 left to out in 17th. The dangerous looking kid does double with just a few hands left when he shoves TT on the button, the 30ish guy tanks forever and finally calls with AQ but bricks out. The last 15mins of the night are him asking the entire table if we think he made a good call. Anyway he is crippled pretty much with the blinds at 1k/2k 500 ante. Oh and i almost fogot to mention this, the crem de le crem (is that how its even spelt?) is the kid in seat 10. He's relativly short stacked, he's wearing a kentucky wildcats hat and a wifebeater? Wow. Anyway any hand he plays he always has to interrogate the whoever is left in the hand and continues to do so regardless of how much i mentally bitch slap him. With about 5mins left in the day and seat 9 knocked out he scoots over and ask me "hey if your willingg to stall i think we can avoid the blinds for the rest of the night." In my mind im saying "well no crap what do u think ive been doing for the past 10 minutes?" But what comes out is a "we'll see." Anyway thanks to me and him the last hand of the night is me folding utg, him taking forever then raising, the 30ish guy blind shoves for less then a minraise more. Wifebeater guy tanks hard, interrogates the 30ish guy who admits to having not looked at his cards, then he tanks some more, ask him again if he looked, tanks a bit more (by this point the clock is out and im trying to use the force to push his chips into the pot). He finally calls and shows AQ, the 30ish guy flips over a J5 and binks the flop to double up to like 16k. I actually laugh out loud. Anyway we finally bag up and i have like 58k. I proceed to head to the buffet with the kid in seat 6, run into the 2+2er with the really hot GF who was at the other table, then eat some food, remember that it sucked and that it is why i cursed it what seemed like days ago. I then go back to my room ready to sleep only to have my friend interrogate me for the next 30mins, at 3am after 28 hours of being awake i fall asleep, for 6 hours...

Tune in later for the final(?) part of my story...
Old 06-13-2007, 12:25 PM

Great story so far, I can't wait for the ending.

But I think I'm giving myself heartburn by going on tilt by proxy through you and Bond.
Old 06-13-2007, 12:32 PM

sweet TR....get the final out soon! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-13-2007, 01:12 PM

Great Stuff, keep em comin

You might want to post the continuation of your story in a seperate post. I just got lucky and noticed you added it to your first post, otherwise I would have overlooked it.

Keep up the good work
Old 06-13-2007, 01:34 PM

So...in the city of New Orleans, with the best food in the world, and you've had a good run, and you go to the BUFFET?

Walk 20 steps down the street to one of the world class resturaunts :P.
Old 06-13-2007, 11:49 PM

The last AND BEST part of the story will come like sometime later as i decided to go get drunk tonight instead of finish it
Old 06-14-2007, 09:27 PM

Sober up and get'er done!
Old 06-14-2007, 09:54 PM

highly entertaining, put the bottle down and get on with part 3!
Old 06-15-2007, 07:30 PM

bump

enough with the cliffhanger already
Old 06-15-2007, 09:08 PM

Good read. I look forward to the rest.