Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Video Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-13-2007, 10:53 PM

Default Tecmo Bowl 2008

Tecmo Bowl 2008

If they combine the gameplay from TSB for the NES with next gen graphics they might create the best football game ever. Add in online play and I dont think I would leave the house for a few months.
Old 05-13-2007, 11:34 PM

Default Re: Tecmo Bowl 2008

Somehow I think this will completely lose the essence of what was Tecmo Bowl. In other words, I think they may make it too good a football game instead of keeping the simplicity that made it awesome.
Old 05-14-2007, 08:07 AM

i'm all for trying it, but like it was said, the simplicity will prolly suffer...
Old 05-14-2007, 12:16 PM

"emphatically stated that this will not be a port of the older games"
Old 05-14-2007, 01:04 PM

Have to admit, the term "Tecmo Bowl" is so iconic to sports video game players that this will probably get a lot of interest.
Old 05-15-2007, 02:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Have to admit, the term "Tecmo Bowl" is so iconic to sports video game players that this will probably get a lot of interest.

[/ QUOTE ]
No doubt. I'm hoping it will be on the 360.

As for NFL license or whatever, that doesn't bother me. I'm all for fictional teams and players.
Old 05-15-2007, 02:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Tecmo general manager John Inada gave the slightest of clues to the assembled crowd of press--saying that the game was "not going to be on the platform that you're thinking of right now."

[/ QUOTE ]

This makes me [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 05-15-2007, 07:14 PM

I can't see this being anywhere near as fun as the originals...I guess it depends on what direction they try and take it. I'm hoping for a more arcadey fun type experience than some true to sport sim.
Old 05-16-2007, 12:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I can't see this being anywhere near as fun as the originals...I guess it depends on what direction they try and take it. I'm hoping for a more arcadey fun type experience than some true to sport sim.

[/ QUOTE ]

TB was so amazing when it first came out. "HOLY CRAP! Real teams and players?!"

Super TB upped the ante so hard compared to what was out there. "All the teams? All the players? Full seasons? STATISTICS?!"

The year Super TB came out I remember I got it as a reward for a great report card. Boy was I in heaven. I remember piloting the Chiefs with Christian Okoye my first season. Good times.
Old 05-16-2007, 01:32 AM

I recently joined an online TSB league (TPC). To say the least, I haven't put in like ANY poker hours lately [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] . Free-time = TSB time. So much crazy competition online with this game, and SUCH a blast.

I DEFINITELY look forward to this game. I hope Tecmo learned from its mistakes on the PSX TSB!

For comparison...

NES TSB:
Drones were incredibly retarded. It was ridiculously easy to juke them all out as they mindlessly dove after the runner.

Certain players were severely overpowered- Okoye (INSANE Hitting Power with high max speed), Bo Jackson (duh), QB Eagles, God Woodson, Bruce Smith, and Barry Sanders.

SNES TSB:
Graphics were majorly improved. Sexy cinematics were added (I love them), colors were brighter, players weren't as pixelated, and there was no flickering like the NES.

Sound and music jumped up a notch. Obv. I love the music!

The rosters kinda sucked in this one. No Montana, no Jackson, etc.

A lot of new features were added - touchbacks in kickoffs, checking condition of defenders in game and weather conditions are some of them.

SNES TSB2/3:
Two is like UT2K3, ignore it and play the newer UT2K4, err TSB 3.

TSB 3 added draft mode, ability to change quarter length, two playbooks, the addition of goalline, 3/4, nickel, dime defense positions, audibles, and create-a-player

But the animation was a little choppy, the music was changed with "crowd noise", and the layout of the field was... well... different. I didn't like those changes.