Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-29-2007, 10:56 PM

Default B&M 3/6: Q9c versus weird turn check raise.

Pre-flop: (10 players) Hero is MP2 with Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
UTG (Spewy lagtard)limps, 2 callers (Both Loose Passive). Hero calls. Rest fold which is odd because most pots were usually 7 handed or so.

Flop: 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
BB checks, UTG bets, 2 folds. BB is getting ready to muck his hand so Hero calls with the intention of raising the turn? Good/bad?

Turn: (4.75BB) 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 players)
UTG checks. Hero bets. UTG raises. Hero ???

Additional thoughts on UTG: He has been snapped off a couple times tonight when stabbing at ragged boards. Several times he has raised turn/river and folded to 3/bet. Though generally I would say he's closer to a thinking player than not. He value bets well.

I'm at a loss whether to fold, call, or 3-bet as I can see arguments for all.
Old 03-30-2007, 09:32 AM

Default Re: B&M 3/6: Q9c versus weird turn check raise.

If you think he's going to fold air if you 3-bet (and he will 4-bet with trips/straight), then calling down is the best option. I wouldn't fold TP heads-up vs a spewy lagtard even on this board. You're getting about 4:1 to call down from the c/r