Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-19-2007, 01:08 AM

Default Re: High Stakes Poker thread (10/15)

[ QUOTE ]
i will tell you that your opinion sounds more like that of a newbie afraid to lose his small bankroll moreso than an experienced player who realizes that he needs to bankroll himself adequately to allow him to actually play the game.
if you have very strict starting hand requirements in nl holdem ... you may not be a beginner but you play like one.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
do you play no limit very much?

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
perhaps you choose to not believe all indications that phil was about to call sammy on the river there.

[/ QUOTE ]

He was close. But he didn't. And that is like close to the ideal situation for sammy, hitting his king and having phil have the best possible hand below one pair kings. If you can't get paid off there don't you think you might be in trouble?

[ QUOTE ]
ok genius. if we only play hands that we believe we can stack our opponent with.. what would that be. you have to play to have a chance to ever stack your opponent. i've stacked more opps with 26 off than i have with AKsuited. what's your experience? usually the opponenet made some huge mistake during the hand. do you not notice that most times that you stack an opponenet he was either ahead preflop or ahead on the flop and you came from behind to bust him? hell.. in this hand blah blah blah blah

[/ QUOTE ]

OK so wait. Your argument is that any hand plays preflop for an eighth of your stack?

This isn't about "starting hands" in general. It's about starting hands for an eighth of your stack versus an extremely tight range. (I would put Hellmuth on AQ+, 88+ at a minimum in that spot and probably tighter).

[ QUOTE ]
Here is a question for the Sammy haters.
How do you explain the fact that such a "bad player" has been winning at poker for years playing the highest stakes available?

Chew on that for a while and if the only answer that you come up with is "Just a gambler that has been running good" then I know enough about you.

[/ QUOTE ]

He wins at PLO, and he beats players even worse than he is at other games.