Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-27-2007, 12:11 AM

Default Re: Foxwoods Angle Shooter Goes Ballistic

[ QUOTE ]

Here's what I did the other day:

I flopped a boat with a 93 in the BB. Flop was 933. At the river I go all in and the guy on my left tanks and finally turns over a 9. I sit for a minute while he's thinking and then look at my cards and turn over my 9. He thinks for a few minutes and calls. Then he ships me 2 racks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hehehehe - I had a similar hand a while back that I was thinking of posting in response to this thread but you beat me to it - good memories... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-27-2007, 12:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Angle shooter then erupts. "WHAT THE [censored] YOU CALL ME AN ANGLE SHOOTER?! I KNOW THE RULES, YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW THE [censored] RULES, I AM PLAYING BY THE RULES AND YOU ATTACK MY CHARACTER" and on, and on, and on. I was a little shocked at the reaction but just sat back and enjoyed it as floor personnel started swarming.

[/ QUOTE ]

Notice he's not denying that he's shooting an angle. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
At this point I politely tell him that he is, in fact, not allowed to do this.

[/ QUOTE ]

In many rooms you are allowed to do this. Yours might be the exception.

That said, I thoroughly enjoyed this story! Especially him having to pay the extra $50. THAT is classic!

I hate these types of pricks. Action players or not, they suck to have on the table.

b
Old 08-27-2007, 12:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I wouldn't go so far as to call it angle shooting, but its certainly not fair.

[/ QUOTE ]

Showing the hand isn't the angle.

Psandman I believe alread said what should happen to those yapping when not in a hand.

[ QUOTE ]
Not only that it puts the other player in the hand in an unfair situation. The person that made the bet is forced to stay quiet because speaking up will usually give away the strength of his hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

The guy showing the hand is the one in the unfair situation. How hard is it to just sit there and await his action? Not very.

b
Old 08-27-2007, 02:09 AM

if someone's talking about a hand they're not involved in, even if I'm not in the hand myself I'll tell them they shouldn't be talking about it...I do it because the bettor usually would want to stay quiet (and doesn't want to give away anything)

I think it's unfair to the bettor because he's making the bet based on what he perceives to be the thinking process of his opponent in the hand...someone at the table talking about it could alter that thinking process.

If talking when not in the hand wasn't against etiquette, it would bring in a requirement for 191st level thinking: do I value bet this much because he thinks that I think that he thinks etc etc, and will call because mr. yappy in seat 8 will say this but mr. STFU in seat 3 will say this so it's the right amount to bet for a call.
Old 08-27-2007, 04:05 AM

at the bike in LA, if you clearly expose 1 card or more in your hand reguardless if its HU or not, you have 10 seconds to make an action. Call or Fold... After 10 seconds the dealer can declare your hand dead.
Old 08-27-2007, 10:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
At this point I just couldn't help myself and said "He still owes $50! He said "call" after the other guy bet $50 and never put it in the pot!."

[/ QUOTE ]
nh sir
Old 08-27-2007, 03:18 PM

The floor was wrong in saying that the regular couldn't sow his cards (unless it's a house rule). However, in the interest of the game, and as the Aussie clearly thought that that the regular had folded, and as the Asussie's cards were still identifiable, it was fine to give him his cards back. I could go either way on the call, but I never have any issue with such and obvious angle shooter taking it in the ...
Old 08-27-2007, 03:26 PM

All,

Players HU in cash games should be able to expose their cards (and are allowed to most places I've played).