Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-03-2007, 03:31 PM

Default Re: Official Neteller Update Thread Part 2

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
has anyone received a check yet? I wish they hadn't botched my Bank account number.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dear xxx,

Hmmm, was this an email? I requested mine later in the day on july 30th and haven't gotten this message. And now they say they don't know the timeframe? I e-chatted with someone yesterday who told me 10-14 days. Goodamnit, why did they have to f.uck up my bank account#?
Your cheque has been sent on August 2nd 2007.

All cheque request are sent out on a "First come First Serve" basis. Due to the large volume of withdrawal request during this peak period, we do not have a time frame for cheque delivery.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thank you

Hope that helps.... so the Fedex claim was a farse?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Almost didn't see your post due to it being in the quote...

This was an email sent after I emailed Neteller, informing them that I had canceled my previous withdrawal that had sat there since early Monday without being accepted.

An hour later or so it was accepted (to where you cannot cancel it). The email came the next day.
Old 08-03-2007, 03:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You keep saying it is illegal for neteller to allow me to access my funds from Thailand or anywhere not on their serviced countries list. Please do point me to this law you keep reffering to. Until I see a law prohibiting access to neteller from all these other countries, which they should point out to me and haven't, this is stated NT policy NOT law. They have directly told me it is their policy NOT law. Can you see the HUGE difference between yet another onerous NT policy and law?

[/ QUOTE ]

In Thailand's case it is worth looking at their Gambling Act, B.E. 2478 (1935)which outlaws all gambling or assisting gambling. It may have been updated but as of today it s illegal (though common) to gamble in Thailand. Gaol time illegal.

[/ QUOTE ]

Um, Yeah. Gambling is illegal in Thailand. I don't see the relevance of that law to Neteller allowing me a one time access to my account for withdrawal and then account closure.

Allowing me to close an account with a company which has zero buisiness in Thailand and zero legal liabilities in Thailand seems a rather logical and straightforward solution if NT are sincere in wanting to get all US customers their funds back.

The UK has strictly regulated gaming controls. Multiple UK poker rooms continue to operate illegaly. Should NT thusly block all UK transactions? No. Of course not.
Old 08-04-2007, 11:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Um, Yeah. Gambling is illegal in Thailand. I don't see the relevance of that law to Neteller allowing me a one time access to my account for withdrawal and then account closure.

Allowing me to close an account with a company which has zero business in Thailand and zero legal liabilities in Thailand seems a rather logical and straightforward solution if NT are sincere in wanting to get all US customers their funds back.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can you not see that they have every reason not to pay out in Thailand. They have zero business there for a reason, they have zero legal liability there until they start paying out to people or companies in Thailand. This is not like the US where there was some ambiguity if as you demand they start facilitating gambling payments to Thailand you are asking them to accept huge financial risk for the company and the threat of gaol time for the executives.

Why not just go somewhere they can pay you legally? They want to pay you, they paid off the DOJ so they could now you want them to pay off the Thai coup leaders too?
Old 08-04-2007, 09:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
has anyone received a check yet? I wish they hadn't botched my Bank account number.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dear xxx,

Hmmm, was this an email? I requested mine later in the day on july 30th and haven't gotten this message. And now they say they don't know the timeframe? I e-chatted with someone yesterday who told me 10-14 days. Goodamnit, why did they have to f.uck up my bank account#?
Your cheque has been sent on August 2nd 2007.

All cheque request are sent out on a "First come First Serve" basis. Due to the large volume of withdrawal request during this peak period, we do not have a time frame for cheque delivery.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thank you

Hope that helps.... so the Fedex claim was a farse?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey guys, been in Vegas for a week. I got a tracking number from Fedex into my email the day I withdrew from Neteller. The next day at 9 AM, Fedex guy knocked on my door and gave me my neteller check. So I got it in less than 24 hour turnaround. I had 100k+ and my friend had 300k+ and we both got ours at the same time. Not sure that helps...but it isn't a "farce"
Old 08-05-2007, 08:05 AM

Yes, some of the checks were sent FedEx, but

[ QUOTE ]
Dear ****,

Thank you for the email. The majority of our cheques are being sent via regular mail. Please allow time for mailing.

Regards,

Marcella Martin
NETELLER

[/ QUOTE ]

The amount of the withdrawal may be determining.
Old 08-05-2007, 08:59 AM

thats annoying because I had just under 50k in there and got regular mail check I think
Old 08-05-2007, 10:04 AM

i cashed out on monday like an hour after they opened things up, and i received my check yesterday (saturday)... will cash on monday, hope it clears
Old 08-07-2007, 02:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Allowing me to close an account with a company which has zero business in Thailand and zero legal liabilities in Thailand seems a rather logical and straightforward solution if NT are sincere in wanting to get all US customers their funds back.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can you not see that they have every reason not to pay out in Thailand. They have zero business there for a reason, they have zero legal liability there until they start paying out to people or companies in Thailand. This is not like the US where there was some ambiguity if as you demand they start facilitating gambling payments to Thailand you are asking them to accept huge financial risk for the company and the threat of gaol time for the executives.

Why not just go somewhere they can pay you legally? They want to pay you, they paid off the DOJ so they could now you want them to pay off the Thai coup leaders too?

[/ QUOTE ]

This still makes little to no sense to me.

They are tot facilitating gambling or any funding of gambling by allowing me to logon and process ONE final withdrawal from NT, an Isle of Man based co., to a US based bank. Surely you can see how Thailand has ZERO jurisdiction over this wholly legal transaction.

On a similar note. If I were to login to ebay from Thailand and make a purchase with a paypal acct fully funded by a US based bank acct. Then lets say I had the purchase mailed to a friends address somewhere inside the UK as a gift. WOuld Thailand have any right to tax this transaction? No, of course not. No money or merchandise is entering or leaving the Thai borders or financial institutions just as is the case with a NT withdrawal.

[ QUOTE ]
Why not just go somewhere they can pay you legally?

[/ QUOTE ]
If the account had $8bazillion and they said this was the only thing I needed to do to get my money, sure, I'd book a ticket to Singapore and spend 3 days down there just to rescue my 8bazillion. Since my account has less than 8bazillion yet more than 2 bowls of rice, it isn't cost effective for me to spend $1K travelling to rescue it and also there is the point of self soveriegnity and self determinatin here. Why exactl should I have to cross borders to to get MY money from a co. that claims to have only the intention of returning it to me? (The legal argument is exhausted and debunked so please don't return to that one).
Old 08-07-2007, 03:34 AM

I thought it was going to be sent through electronic wire to our bank accounts.

Did the check envelope say neteller on it?
Old 08-07-2007, 03:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I thought it was going to be sent through electronic wire to our bank accounts.

Did the check envelope say neteller on it?

[/ QUOTE ]

If your registered bank account is still active then they send EFT.

If your acct is no loner active/valid/etc then they send a check to your registered address.