Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-02-2007, 05:48 PM

Default Re: Official Neteller Update Thread Part 2

Neteller CEO on YouTube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2sT3HlcDE4c

CEO apology
Old 08-02-2007, 05:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
6 MONTHS, I repeat 6 MONTHS! NO calls NO emails from NT!
I finally get through today and I get a nasty beligerent wench still refusing to give me my money unless I meet some unreasonable ( go to a country she approves of) demands.

PS: Do you work for NT? If yes,

[/ QUOTE ]

You mean go somewhere it is legal don't you. You are asking them to break the law post their $130m+ fine and costs? Get real and try living somewhere with a proper set of laws not asking others to break them when they face consequences and you don't. Go somewhere she approves of - try going somewhere with civil liberties.

No of course I don't work for NT but if I did I doubt I'd reply to your emails or call you back either.
Old 08-03-2007, 06:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
6 MONTHS, I repeat 6 MONTHS! NO calls NO emails from NT!
I finally get through today and I get a nasty beligerent wench still refusing to give me my money unless I meet some unreasonable ( go to a country she approves of) demands.

PS: Do you work for NT? If yes,

[/ QUOTE ]

You mean go somewhere it is legal don't you. You are asking them to break the law post their $130m+ fine and costs? Get real and try living somewhere with a proper set of laws not asking others to break them when they face consequences and you don't. Go somewhere she approves of - try going somewhere with civil liberties.

[/ QUOTE ]

You keep saying it is illegal for neteller to allow me to access my funds from Thailand or anywhere not on their serviced countries list. Please do point me to this law you keep reffering to. Until I see a law prohibiting access to neteller from all these other countries, which they should point out to me and haven't, this is stated NT policy NOT law. They have directly told me it is their policy NOT law. Can you see the HUGE difference between yet another onerous NT policy and law?

As for civil liberties....What are you on about? Are you another boring, standard USA hater? Or do you now sit high enough to morally judge all other countries, including Thailand, as well?

[ QUOTE ]
No of course I don't work for NT but if I did I doubt I'd reply to your emails or call you back either.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well that about sums up you and NT now doesn't it. Covers the integrity and reliability of both of you.
Old 08-03-2007, 07:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
NT chose to cooperate with the DOJ, revealing all persoanl informationl, delaying payouts of US accts for the express reason of saving their own corporate arses and leniency in the case of the 2 former directors nicked by the DOJ.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'd like to see how you would handle it if the DOJ came crawling up your wazoo. I'm sure the DOJ said, "Now that you're in our system, if you so much as blink in a way we don't like, you'll go to prison for the rest of your life. Along with your wife, your partners, your employees and just about anyone you've ever known who had anything to do with your business. And if that's not enough, we'll bankrupt them. We're going to take every penny they have. And then some."

I don't need to paint the picture for you. I'm sure you can imagine. I'd also bet money that for all your big talk now that if you were actually in a similar situation, you'd cave like a little girl. Are you really going to go to prison just so you can return some money to some folks across the pond because they can't wait 6 seconds, much less 6 months? [Rhetorical question. No reply needed.]

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe you can see how a parallel between DOJ crawling up an individual's arse and a corporations arse are a little different. As an individual I can make my choices based on what is best for me and my family. A corporation has grander responsibilites to it's customers and shareholders.

As for big talk, what are you on about? Do you know me or my experiences? No. WOuld you really like to make bets on how I react in crisis situations without knowing much of anything about me? Sounds rather -EV to me.

Shall we also discuss the confidentiality terms of the accounts agreed to by both customers and NT? These terms were admittedly violated over the last 6 months for every US customer by NT.

Why should I have any faith in their reliability, integrity or promises?

[ QUOTE ]
PS: Do you work for NT? If yes, PM and help me get my funds then maybe Ill lighten my tone WRT NT. But, until they release my stolen money (and that is exactly what it is) why should I view NT with anything other than absolute contempt? They have treated me with contempt for over 6 months now. How can I suddenly like them or respect their position in any way shape or form?

[/ QUOTE ]
Sounds like you just want someone to argue with because you're pissed off. No one's happy about the situation or how it turned out (except for maybe the DOJ), but you don't need to pick fights with people and make it personal just because they don't share your opinions. Or do you?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes I am pissed off. Nothing about NTs action past or present should make me NOT pissed off. They were complicit alongside the DOJ in maximizing delay of the return of US customer funds and in my case continuing to delay said return based on their own onerous policies. Please explain why I shouldn't be pissed off.

Picking fights? Are you sure?
Personal? I asked the poster if he worked for NT since he seemd to be defending their actions which I find indefensible. I am making it personal by daring to have a different opinion on the worth, motives, and actions of NT? Illogical argument you are making there.
Old 08-03-2007, 07:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Shall we also discuss the confidentiality terms of the accounts agreed to by both customers and NT? These terms were admittedly violated over the last 6 months for every US customer by NT.

[/ QUOTE ]

Any company in this world is obliged to cooperate with national or international authorities to help solve crimes.

You can not hide behind any confidentially clause in any contract. You might need a court order to break the clause but I would think that the DOJ has got more than it needs in this case.

Do you really think that the same does not apply to your bank accounts, credit cards etc?

Neteller is not the problem the UIEGA and DOJ is.

But of course you are most welcome to not use Neteller in the future.
Old 08-03-2007, 08:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Neteller is not the problem the UIEGA and DOJ is.

But of course you are most welcome to not use Neteller in the future.

[/ QUOTE ]

UIEGA and DOJ are both problems as well.
NT is also a problem for ME.
Their current policies are continuing the waiting and suffering for ME.

I would love to not use NT in the future.
I would also of course love to have my money back 1st.
Old 08-03-2007, 09:03 AM

has anyone received a check yet? I wish they hadn't botched my Bank account number.
Old 08-03-2007, 09:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
has anyone received a check yet? I wish they hadn't botched my Bank account number.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dear xxx,

Your cheque has been sent on August 2nd 2007.

All cheque request are sent out on a "First come First Serve" basis. Due to the large volume of withdrawal request during this peak period, we do not have a time frame for cheque delivery.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thank you

Hope that helps.... so the Fedex claim was a farse?
Old 08-03-2007, 12:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You keep saying it is illegal for neteller to allow me to access my funds from Thailand or anywhere not on their serviced countries list. Please do point me to this law you keep reffering to. Until I see a law prohibiting access to neteller from all these other countries, which they should point out to me and haven't, this is stated NT policy NOT law. They have directly told me it is their policy NOT law. Can you see the HUGE difference between yet another onerous NT policy and law?

[/ QUOTE ]

In Thailand's case it is worth looking at their Gambling Act, B.E. 2478 (1935)which outlaws all gambling or assisting gambling. It may have been updated but as of today it s illegal (though common) to gamble in Thailand. Gaol time illegal.
Old 08-03-2007, 03:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Dear xxx,

Hmmm, was this an email? I requested mine later in the day on july 30th and haven't gotten this message. And now they say they don't know the timeframe? I e-chatted with someone yesterday who told me 10-14 days. Goodamnit, why did they have to f.uck up my bank account#?
Your cheque has been sent on August 2nd 2007.

All cheque request are sent out on a "First come First Serve" basis. Due to the large volume of withdrawal request during this peak period, we do not have a time frame for cheque delivery.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thank you

Hope that helps.... so the Fedex claim was a farse?

[/ QUOTE ]