Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-30-2007, 08:18 AM

Default Re: 100NL - 44 turn call?

err... wtf? you have 44, is this a converter error?
Old 07-30-2007, 08:21 AM

why does everyone think it's such a clear fold? He didn't bet the flop, multiway, which to me indicates he doesn't have an overpair. Maaybe a flopped set making some stupid slowplay, but i think this is overcards like 90% of the time. Then on the absolute blank of blank turns, he checks again. No way he has an overpair, and no way he has a set. Then you make some weak arse bet after everybody checks, with nothing to represent. Everyone else folds, and he's sitting their with AK thinking you've got jack [censored], thinking how much it would suck to let you fold out 3 other guys with that pussy bet and win the sizeable pot. So he pushes.
Old 07-30-2007, 11:36 AM

Josh, you have a valid point...the hand has been played weakly to this point, the bet was weak and shouldn't have been made, and as a result the villain seems weak.

Even so...the hero has fours. The villain might have been playing a hand oddly - the stupid slowplay with the set that you were describing, or less likely some weak pocket pair. Still, the bet is so big that it's not worth calling or shoving with 4s as absolutely ANYTHING beats you.
Old 07-30-2007, 05:04 PM

My thinking is pretty much inline with Josh. What hand can we realistically put villain on? His checks on the flop and turn with this board pretty much rule out AA-TT or a set to me. I dont see a player with his stats checking any of those hands twice, especially multiway.