Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 05-03-2007, 12:12 AM

Default Re: Controversy at the Playboy mansion

Was Annie all lubed up, too? If she was sober I don't see how her actions could possibly be a "lapse of judgment." That's like Bonds saying, "Yeah, I used 'roids, but it was just a momentary lapse! I'm sorry!"

When a rule so fundamental to your profession is broken so egregiously, its not a "lapse."
Old 05-03-2007, 12:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
"terrence was wrong to involve complete strangers in this situation BEFORE coming to me or anyone else that could have helped him. he chose to discuss it with the internet."

web page

This is the one part that I do agree with Joy. After Terence spoke with Joy she asked him to give her a couple of days to clear things up. In the meantime he made his post on his blog and off we went. Maybe he didn't intend it as an attack on her and the tourney; maybe he simply thought that he was posting the story about what took place that night but as a blogger he should have known that posting this was going to cause serious repercussions. Joy has her career and her reputation and I'm certain that to her it looked like an unprovoked personal attack on her even though he had agreed to give her a couple of days.

[/ QUOTE ]

So he should wait until the prizing gets settled before he exposes the cheating that went on? People would be all over him if he did that. No win. Blogging about what happened wasn't about Joy and certainly not about the charity, it was about exposing what SE, SD and AD did. Joy then jumps up and down waving her arms to deflect attention from that.

The bottom line for Terrence is that he doesn't really have anything to hide or an agenda. Not exposing what the three players did was not an option for him.

Tuco.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well Tuco, this is the real world - not the land of make believe where everyone does what they want with no consequences. If he wanted to "expose the cheating that went on" then fine but he shouldn't be surprised when he doesn't get the WSOP buy in. if he wants to have them right a wrong and has already started the process privately then IMO he shuld wait until a decision is made and then post about it. Why would "people be all over him" for discussing the matter with the TD and having her make things right for him? I don't get that.
Old 05-03-2007, 12:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
"terrence was wrong to involve complete strangers in this situation BEFORE coming to me or anyone else that could have helped him. he chose to discuss it with the internet."

web page

This is the one part that I do agree with Joy. After Terence spoke with Joy she asked him to give her a couple of days to clear things up. In the meantime he made his post on his blog and off we went. Maybe he didn't intend it as an attack on her and the tourney; maybe he simply thought that he was posting the story about what took place that night but as a blogger he should have known that posting this was going to cause serious repercussions. Joy has her career and her reputation and I'm certain that to her it looked like an unprovoked personal attack on her even though he had agreed to give her a couple of days.

[/ QUOTE ]

He's a blogger, he blogged about the tourney and how he felt about its outcome.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with that. I doubt that he had any bad intentions when he blogged about it (and apparatnly he wrote it before he contacted her), but I think he should have expected a negative reaction from her and her company after publically exposing it. Not that there's anything wrong with that except that he was also trying to get an expensive prize from her. What's the phrase? You don't kill the goose that lays the golden eggs.
Old 05-03-2007, 12:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Was Annie all lubed up

[/ QUOTE ]

Buttsex for buy-ins? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 05-03-2007, 01:29 AM

TChan may not be Johnny Chan, but he does take phone calls from famous people now!
Old 05-03-2007, 03:33 AM

You are 100% right that the transgressions here were:

1. Cheating
2. Tournament Director not enforcing the rules
3. Tournament Logistics

Then Joy had to overshadow all of thee things by trying to blame Terrence for everything. In the process she was rude, abusive, sociopathic, and so shockingly offensive that we have strayed from the original transgressions. This also seems to be a pattern in her past.

I really hope everyone called her boss and explained politely and professionally how horrible a PR person Joy is.

Annie Duke - After the LONG list of crap she has pulled, I would like to see her blacklisted from major tournies, but since that wont happen, I personally hope that she makes a concerted effort to bring some class back into her poker game.

It also sounds like 1st and 2nd in chips colluded to chop before the tourney was over, otherwise with the tournament being so top heavy, why would 2nd place fold even at Annie's badgering? This kind of collusion is wrong, and both these players should be blacklisted from major tournies as well.
Old 05-03-2007, 10:22 AM

Terence Chan and the Tournament Director exchanged long e-mails, each stating their side of this story. Neither one of them mentioned Joy. She was not the decision maker here. She did not coach anyone or impact the outcome. She is not a well known pro and spokesperson for poker. She is one of the American working people.

The mob mentality on this issue is only overshadowed by the comic opera overtones. Now we have people organizing a letter writing campaign to get Joy fired or barred from poker for her words...words...not actions, not decisions, not theft or any crime...words spoken in anger.

Why in the hell would anybody care enough about this issue to try to damage someone they had never met and knew absolutely nothing about? It's a Salem witch trial proposition. Let's throw Joy in the fountains at Bellagio and make prop bets. Joy to the World.
Old 05-03-2007, 10:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Terence Chan and the Tournament Director exchanged long e-mails, each stating their side of this story. Neither one of them mentioned Joy. She was not the decision maker here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wasn't there and I don't know either one of them except to vaguely recognize their faces when I see them. However, Joy posted to his blog "Your beef should have been with ME (joyjoy712003@yahoo.com, 310-621-7005) as i made those decisions that LATER angered you" So it is reasonable for people to think that she was the decision maker, since she claimed to be.
Old 05-03-2007, 01:17 PM

Old 05-03-2007, 01:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Terence Chan and the Tournament Director exchanged long e-mails, each stating their side of this story. Neither one of them mentioned Joy. She was not the decision maker here. She did not coach anyone or impact the outcome. She is not a well known pro and spokesperson for poker. She is one of the American working people.

The mob mentality on this issue is only overshadowed by the comic opera overtones. Now we have people organizing a letter writing campaign to get Joy fired or barred from poker for her words...words...not actions, not decisions, not theft or any crime...words spoken in anger.

Why in the hell would anybody care enough about this issue to try to damage someone they had never met and knew absolutely nothing about? It's a Salem witch trial proposition. Let's throw Joy in the fountains at Bellagio and make prop bets. Joy to the World.

[/ QUOTE ]

Joy made it very clear in her postings that she was the decision maker. On the night of the event even though she wasn't the TD, she was also the one that was in Terrence's face saying. 'Do you want me to pay another $30,000 to extend the tournament' and 'Do you want your buy-in back?' yet she still argues Terrence never complained about it that night. Obviously he did or she wouldn't have said the above.

Joy has put herself in the line of fire to deflect attention from Elizabeth and Duke. Maybe that's what they teach you in PR 101. I don't know. As such, she is the one that has to accept the negativity now.

Don't stand up and challenge people to fire at you instead of Elizabeth and Duke and then play the 'it's not about me' card when the bullets start flying.

Why the hell would anybody care about this issue you ask? I am certain this is not about the WSOP seat for Terrence and those who support him. It's about disrespecting the integrity and fairness of the game in favor of a hollywood ending.
Closed Thread