Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 04-30-2007, 05:02 PM

Default Re: Controversy at the Playboy mansion

and at least we all learned something useful from the debacle...

"Clearly the most important issue here is your confusion between Playboy Bunnies and Playboy Playmates.

Bunnies started in the 50's as waitresses at the Playboy Clubs. Bunnies don't regularly become Playmates - who actually appear nude in the magazine - although it has happened. Hef recently brought the Bunnies back with the opening of the Playboy club at the Palms.

More on this important subject can be found here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Playboy_bunny"
Old 04-30-2007, 06:02 PM

Correction: Terrence edited Lee Jones' book not Chens.

Also want to point out that from all my experience with him, Dannenmann is a great guy. He probably should have told Annie to keep quiet, but he was hammered and it was a strange atmosphere. I think he is the least to blame of all of them.

Tuco.
Old 04-30-2007, 06:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
at least he can tell the grandkids he got [censored] by Shannon and Annie at the playboy mansion when he was a young man...

[/ QUOTE ]
Pretty much this exact joke was made in the second post of this thread.
Old 04-30-2007, 06:20 PM

QUESTION: Why didn't Terrence object to the TD or say anything the time of the tournament?

FWIW, if it were me and I thought Shannon was out of line or especially Annie Duke, I'd complain to the TD. Sure, its for charity, but there are RULES.

Did Terrence not object at the time because he felt like he still was +EV to win? If that's the case then not much room to complain.

OR just because he didn't feel right to object at a charity event? If it's this reason, then I think it's a little silly for him to complain after the fact. As they say, too little, too late.

But if he did complain and they ignored him because he was a "no-name" then that's just jacked up.

BTW, Annie Duke sucks.
Old 04-30-2007, 06:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
also OP: can you possibly rework the title of your thread to;

"Annie Duke and Shannon Elizabeth [censored]ed me in the Playboy Mansion"

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL
Old 04-30-2007, 08:08 PM

Hi all,

Tuco and Punker told me about this 2+2 thread, so I thought I'd post here that there is a short (well kinda, as you figured out brevity is not my strong suit) update on my blog now.

http://terrencechan.livejournal.com/163883.html
Old 04-30-2007, 08:19 PM

in regards to annie duke, i never liked that bitch
Old 04-30-2007, 08:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hi all,

Tuco and Punker told me about this 2+2 thread, so I thought I'd post here that there is a short (well kinda, as you figured out brevity is not my strong suit) update on my blog now. <a href="http://terrencechan.livejournal.com/163883.html">Link here.</a>

[/ QUOTE ]

I cleaned up your link. For future reference, you can just paste in the url, you don't need html tags.

http://terrencechan.livejournal.com/163883.html
Old 04-30-2007, 08:29 PM

Whoops...thanks!
Old 04-30-2007, 08:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
QUESTION: Why didn't Terrence object to the TD or say anything the time of the tournament?

FWIW, if it were me and I thought Shannon was out of line or especially Annie Duke, I'd complain to the TD. Sure, its for charity, but there are RULES.

Did Terrence not object at the time because he felt like he still was +EV to win? If that's the case then not much room to complain.

OR just because he didn't feel right to object at a charity event? If it's this reason, then I think it's a little silly for him to complain after the fact. As they say, too little, too late.

But if he did complain and they ignored him because he was a "no-name" then that's just jacked up.

BTW, Annie Duke sucks.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was at this event as well and know Terrance. The answer to why he didn't complain is a)that there was no time and b) the tournament organizers were having none of it. Their decision was not up for rational debate. The reason they sped up the structure and announced one remaining round was they wanted everyone out. It was about midnight and shuttle buses had arrived to pick up the revelers, staff, tournament players and naked body-painted silicon statues. Remember one orbit was only 4 hands. The whole controversy went down over a period of about 10 minutes and then it was 'off to the exits'. The most baffling thing to me was that they offered Terrance the second place prize of a US Open Golf Package(which they argued several times is worth more than 10K-ha!)even though he was third in chips(slightly behind Dannenmann). While I didn't actually hear Elizabeth and Dannenmann agree to split 1 seat each from the first prize with Elizabeth getting the trophy, why would they offer Terrance second prize unless such a deal was loosely agreed upon between SE and SD. And by offering him second prize doesn't that conclude that the tournament organizers are fully endorsing the collusion/screwing of Terrance and trying to make themselves look good by arguing that his golf trip is actually more valuable than a WSOP seat or the third place big screen TV. If they weren't on board with the collusion, Dannenman should have got the golf trip and Terrence the TV.

The TD was the bald guy(Wes I believe is his name) who announced many of the 2006 WSOP final tables. By the time this decision was made I don't think he was even still in the vicinity. This was left for others to deal with. in fact one lady associated with the event(who may have known nothing about poker) repeatedly told Terance if he didn't like her decision, he could have his $1500 entry refunded.

He didn't not complain because he thought he had +EV. In fact, with only four hands left and Elizabeth and Duke convincing a sloppy SD to auto-fold, Terrance knew he had no chance to win.

Side Note #1- Why, based on their history with the same guy would Duke want to see Elizabeth win the event? Can't figure that out.

Side Note #2 - Dannenmann, IMO meant no harm here at all. He is a good guy who I believe just wants to be liked and make friends and was too sloppy to make the stand he should of. Good fun Playboy Mansion sloppy, not obnoxious sloppy.

So the reason all of this had to come out the next day is because there was no time at all to argue, reason or freak out. Several others were doing it on his behalf during the final hands but to no avail.
Closed Thread