Old 04-24-2007, 05:30 PM

Default Re: NL100 : KJ against LAGdonk

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Not a huge fan of the preflop raise, I'd just get in cheap for a buck with a very marginal hand. The rest looks fine to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Preflop is obv perfect.

[/ QUOTE ]

Um, yeah, cause you isolated the donk with a powerhouse like KJo? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol at not raising KJo with position against a fish like this. this whole hand is standard and well played.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think y'all are overestimating the strength of KJo when you have minimal steal equity (which I assume is the case against this dude), even in position. Why try to play a big pot with it? But whatever, glad you got an LOL out of it. You probably would have outright died if I had suggested a play that was actually bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

Personally I would raise here 95% of the time. If I am going to play a hand from my button I am not going to limp behind. I would rather fold the KJ than limp.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I raise 95% of the time also vs. a random CO limp. But it seems kinda pointless against this guy.
Old 04-24-2007, 06:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Not a huge fan of the preflop raise, I'd just get in cheap for a buck with a very marginal hand. The rest looks fine to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Preflop is obv perfect.

[/ QUOTE ]

Um, yeah, cause you isolated the donk with a powerhouse like KJo? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol at not raising KJo with position against a fish like this. this whole hand is standard and well played.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think y'all are overestimating the strength of KJo when you have minimal steal equity (which I assume is the case against this dude), even in position. Why try to play a big pot with it? But whatever, glad you got an LOL out of it. You probably would have outright died if I had suggested a play that was actually bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are beginning to embarass yourself. Preflop is as standard as it gets.
Old 04-24-2007, 06:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think you have to bet that turn to see where you are at.

Without betting the turn, I would have a very hard time calling on the river, unless I had a good read on this guy and could put him on a bluff.

I believe I would bet the turn..

Fold to reraise

If he called the turn, Fold to a good sized lead bet on river.

Otherwise check the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a very bad way to play against a guy like this (very aggro donk). If you check the turn he'll bluff about 110% of his hands on the river. If you bet the turn he'll fold a lot of hands, check-raise with his monsters and some bluffs.
Old 04-24-2007, 06:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Preflop is obv perfect.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Personally I would raise here 95% of the time. If I am going to play a hand from my button I am not going to limp behind. I would rather fold the KJ than limp.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I raise 95% of the time also vs. a random CO limp. But it seems kinda pointless against this guy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Because his stats make you think he's good!? Explain.
Old 04-24-2007, 06:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Preflop is obv perfect.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You are beginning to embarass yourself. Every street is as standard as it gets.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 04-24-2007, 06:44 PM

I prolly woulda played the same. I would have to add that if he bet the river very slowly, I would be more inclined to fold, but still probably call.

peace
Old 04-24-2007, 07:09 PM

what are u guys talking about easy pf limp and clear flop check.
Old 04-24-2007, 07:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Preflop is obv perfect.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You are beginning to embarass yourself. Preflop is as standard as it gets.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL this is a tiny mistake if it is one at all. Save it for someone who cares. Learn the real reasons behind "standard" plays and you might just improve your game.
Old 04-24-2007, 08:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Preflop is obv perfect.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Because his stats make you think he's good!? Explain.

[/ QUOTE ]

I win a bunch of money either way if I hit the flop hard. If not, I'm in and out cheap, or maybe win a little something by playing in position, instead of getting into a pissing contest with a bloated pot and a quite marginal hand.
Old 04-24-2007, 08:10 PM

Busto, I think a bet preflop is particularly effective v this villain. You say it's a marginal hand, but I think it probably dominates a lot of villain's holdings.

56/25 is opening all better kings and all better jacks. He may limp in with Jxs+.J8o-QJo, Kxs+,K9/KT, making our hand relatively strong. Obviously we dont want to play a huge pot, but it puts us in a considerably stronger position.

Raising increases the likelihood of playing HU v donk in position, rather than playing a small pot with a hand which doesnt fair great multiway.

The benefits of raising are huge here.