Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-01-2007, 02:49 AM

Default Re: Question about Stars VIP $$$ bonus

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I guess you are new at Stars. Here is another hint: The weekly "freerolls" that you get to enter since you are now Silver/Gold/Platinum/Nova are not really free.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please explain.

[/ QUOTE ]

FROM THE WEBSITE:

[ QUOTE ]

Weekly $20,000 freeroll tournaments - Each week you'll be eligible to play against other PokerStars VIPs (SilverStar and above) for $20,000 in cash. This tournament has a 100 FPP buy-in. For more details visit VIP Club Freeroll[/b] Tournaments. Free entry tickets are issued on the first day of each month. If you reach Platinum after the 1st of the month you will receive your free entry the following month.

Satellite entry to weekly $50,000 freeroll tournaments - Each week you'll be eligible to qualify for the weekly $50,000 freeroll. To qualify enter one of our PlatinumStar only weekly FPP satellites. The buy-in to these satellites is 300 FPPs

[/ QUOTE ]

FPPs can be exchanged "almost" directly for a cash bonus, get cash value in the form of gift certificates, or obtain mechandise. You earn FPPs. FPPs have cash value.

A "freeroll" that requires 100 FPPs to enter is not a freeroll. A "freeroll" that requires winning a satellite, that itself requires 300 FPPs to enter, is not free.

Have you heard about the WSOP? Amazing multi-million dollar freeroll held every year in Vegas. Big freeroll, win millions, get a WSOP bracelet. Only $10,000 to enter.
Old 02-01-2007, 02:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Oh god. They're 10 FPPs. This fact seems to really really incite a small % of 2p2ers for some reason.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, those are the regular "freerolls that are not free" that anyone can enter.

I am taking about the special "freerolls that are not free" that you earn entry to by being Silver/Gold/Platinum/Nova. These special "freerolls that are not free" cost 100 FPPs or 300 FPPs.
Old 02-01-2007, 03:16 AM

Yeah me too. I can't believe they expect me to read the rules of the offer. I ordered the bobblehead greg raymer and it didn't magically appear in my mailbox. I had to wait 10 days for delivery. Now I'm insanely pissed.
Old 02-01-2007, 03:17 AM

wow, what a bunch of dicks. why are they bothering charging me less that $2 to enter the tourny?
Old 02-01-2007, 03:19 AM

I did order a medium size shirt for my wife that made her look like a fat cow that didn't go over so well. G Damn online sites. I'm live only from here on out.
Old 02-01-2007, 04:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
A little bit of reading beforehand always helps.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, it didn't say so right here: http://www.pokerstars.com/vip/platinum/

Didn't realize that they would be that deceptive. And don't give me any [censored], because that's deceptive. I thought Stars was supposed to be the gold standard of service.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're not alone in your consternation about the deceptiveness of this program. I also found out the hard way, wasn't too happy as I may have played a bit more elsewhere at that time, but I guess that is the whole point. I have been impressed with Stars as a rule, however on this issue they are not forthright, but that's business I suppose.
Old 02-01-2007, 04:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
No, as I have pointed out in previous threads, Stars has misled you. You have to earn more VPPs (not the FPPs that you earn faster at your Gold, Silver, Plat, Nova level, but the base FPPs) in order to clear the bonus. Read the fine print on the offer.

Short answer: play a bunch more hands before you get the cash.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP
Old 02-01-2007, 05:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
A little bit of reading beforehand always helps.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, it didn't say so right here: http://www.pokerstars.com/vip/platinum/

Didn't realize that they would be that deceptive. And don't give me any [censored], because that's deceptive. I thought Stars was supposed to be the gold standard of service.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're not alone in your consternation about the deceptiveness of this program. I also found out the hard way, wasn't too happy as I may have played a bit more elsewhere at that time, but I guess that is the whole point. I have been impressed with Stars as a rule, however on this issue they are not forthright, but that's business I suppose.

[/ QUOTE ]

Call me naive, but I don't think they are intentionally being deceptive. I agree it could be worded better. But it does say it's a "bonus", which should suggest it works like any other Stars bonus. I initially thought it was just cash first too, until I read the "further details" part, which I would recommend doing when your using a big chunk of FPPs.
Old 02-01-2007, 11:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
wow, what a bunch of dicks. why are they bothering charging me less that $2 to enter the tourny?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because these tournies have around 5,000 entrants or so - multiply that by $1.5 or so and they have recooped almost 50% of the cost of the "freeroll."
Old 02-01-2007, 11:42 AM

It clearly states that you buy a bonus. On all poker sites (that I know of) a bonus is awarded after you play.

Furthermore the freerolls are actually free for nova, atleast the one worth doing.