Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-27-2007, 08:57 AM

Default $200 NL QQ overpair vs. TAG

Villain is a good TAG I and hasn't done anything weird that I've seen. He and I do not have many hands together.

When he calls my 3bet preflop, I can be pretty sure I have the worst of it and just check fold the flop right? Also, a J high flop is obviously worse to my hand than any others, so this makes it even a little bit easier right?
PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $2 BB (4 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

SB ($198)
BB ($201.35)
Hero ($305.35)
Button ($197)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $8</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $25</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $80</font>, Button calls $55.

Flop: ($163) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero ???
Old 01-27-2007, 09:42 AM

Default Re: $200 NL QQ overpair vs. TAG

I don't see what you can beat here against a good TAG. He's not going to call you with AK or TT preflop. As played, c/f. I hate the 4-bet with QQ though. Againt this villian, you're not going to get called unless you're beat. Smooth call the 3-bet and re-evaluate on the flop.
Old 01-27-2007, 10:23 AM

Have you seen him play any hands similar to this? Would be nice to know his range for the way he played preflop. Whats your table image? seems like the smoothcall on the flop would be better, as I can't see him calling with much you beat. Maybe AK, but even then he'll often connect.

as played I think Im done with the hand. I might try once more to take the pot with a Cbet, but I think I'd convince myself not to.
Old 01-27-2007, 12:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't see what you can beat here against a good TAG. He's not going to call you with AK or TT preflop. As played, c/f. I hate the 4-bet with QQ though. Againt this villian, you're not going to get called unless you're beat. Smooth call the 3-bet and re-evaluate on the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah if he's any good he trap called your 4bet with AA maybe KK
Old 01-27-2007, 12:48 PM

Why did you turn your hand into a bluff?