Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-25-2006, 10:25 AM

Default Tradesports contract

It seems like a lot of people on this site including myself have a not so good feeling about what is going to happen next month. So that being said I wonder why more people aren't hedging their feelings with the tradesport contract. Currently you are looking at getting about 4 to 1 on your hedge. I've been putting some money down on it and boy do I hope I lose.
Old 08-25-2006, 11:20 AM

Default Re: Tradesports contract

I'm not familiar with tradesports or how it works exactly, but query: If you "win" your hedge, won't the legislation make it illegal for them to pay you?
Old 08-25-2006, 11:59 AM

Well, if the senate approves it, it still has to go to the president to be signed, so I would probably cash out sometime between those two events. Also, i don't think that everything is going to happen instantaneously once the law is signed.

Tradesports isn't exactly a gambling site so I would expect them to try to stay in business for US customers once the bill goes through anyway, but who knows. Someone in the govt is going to have to come up with the list of 20,000 sites that are "internet gambling sites". Don't think that is going to happen overnight.
Old 08-25-2006, 01:07 PM

I'm sure you're right. My post was mostly facetious.