Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 10-09-2007, 03:02 PM

Default Blind Date Set-Up

Basically my father's aquintance gave him her daughters phone number for me to call her along with a picture. Im not sure if the daughter is expecting my call or not. The daugheter looks pretty cute, but im horrible at these types of manuevers. I never know what to say when I call past Hi my name is Eddie. Last time something like this happened I called the girl, said hi my name is eddie your mom gave my dad your #, were u expecting my call, she said no, this was followed by like 5 seconds of akward silence n I finnaly said oh ok I gues bye then. I dont wanna repeat that. Any1 with any expereince in these situations, how do I approach this?
Old 10-09-2007, 03:05 PM

Default Re: Blind Date Set-Up

Very weird. Why is her dad trying to set her up? I know I wouldn't give my daughter's number to a friend's son unless they knew each other and have met at least a few times before and have both expressed interest and wanted a little help getting over shyness, but in your case, I wouldn't call. Surprised this has happened to you before as well.

Too weird.

T
Old 10-09-2007, 03:07 PM

man, i feel awkward just reading that.

i would have your dad call and say "i'm friends w/your dad and we think my son should take you out"

How is this even a date if you don't know if she knows you're gonna call her?
Old 10-09-2007, 03:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Very weird. Why is her dad trying to set her up? I know I wouldn't give my daughter's number to a friend's son unless they knew each other and have met at least a few times before and have both expressed interest and wanted a little help getting over shyness, but in your case, I wouldn't call. Surprised this has happened to you before as well.

Too weird.

T

[/ QUOTE ]
damn, you & i were totally on the same page there.
Old 10-09-2007, 03:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
were u expecting my call, she said no, this was followed by like 5 seconds of akward silence n I finnaly said oh ok I gues bye then.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah this was just painful.

who cares if she wasn't expecting it. if you bothered to call, just go for it at that point.
Old 10-09-2007, 03:11 PM

Yeah, at this point if you do decide to call then just say what it is.

"Hi, your dad gave my dad your number and thought I should call you to see if you'd like to go out for dinner" or something like that.

STILL PAINFUL, Don't do it.

T
Old 10-09-2007, 03:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Too weird.

T

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont think thats the weird part, I mean I understand parents are always tryin to setup their kids, our parents our freinds so they already know we come from good families, so they try to set up their children with each other, Im 24 years old, this is the age when all my paretns can think of is when am I gonna find a wife.
Old 10-09-2007, 03:20 PM

I disagree. I don't think parents are always trying to setup their kids. It's weird. Of course, my child isn't old enough, but I really can't see setting her up with a friends kid when she's in her 20's and my parents never did that to me.....

Maybe it's just me.

T
Old 10-09-2007, 03:24 PM

He gave you a picture huh? Well, why don't you let us decide if she's worth calling or not.....
Old 10-09-2007, 03:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I disagree. I don't think parents are always trying to setup their kids. It's weird. Of course, my child isn't old enough, but I really can't see setting her up with a friends kid when she's in her 20's and my parents never did that to me.....

Maybe it's just me.

T

[/ QUOTE ]

Wait until you see the guys that she's dating