Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring

Old 12-01-2007, 02:44 AM

Default Re: *** Official December Chat Thread: One Last Swong ***

I feel like 10-14 tables is best for winrate/hourly
Old 12-01-2007, 02:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Honestly I don't get why people 24 table.

Unless you already play a 10/6 style, there is no way your winrate isn't going to take a massive dip. I mean I get that you can accumulate massive amounts of FPPs that way, but poker is no longer fun when you are a slave to FPP bonuses. Looking at posts from Prodigy, The_Main, and maybe a couple of others, it seems like they just want to get to 500,000 FPPs and then "drop dead " for a while from the burn-out.

This post isn't meant as an attack on anyone, as I have a lot of respect for the work ethic of some people. I just differ in my view I guess. For me, I want poker to be fun. When poker is fun, I play my best game, and win the most money. When I'm just playing for the sake of clearing a bonus, I tend to lose focus and play badly. JMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

The $5k bonus is dangling in front of me, I gotta get it.

BTW, I dont 24table. I'll probbaly play like 16-18 for the rest of the year. If I'm cutting it close, I'll 24table shortstacking.

I'll reevaluate at the end of the year.
Old 12-01-2007, 02:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Unless you already play a 10/6 style, there is no way your winrate isn't going to take a massive dip. I mean I get that you can accumulate massive amounts of FPPs that way, but poker is no longer fun when you are a slave to FPP bonuses. Looking at posts from Prodigy, The_Main, and maybe a couple of others, it seems like they just want to get to 500,000 FPPs and then "drop dead " for a while from the burn-out.

This post isn't meant as an attack on anyone, as I have a lot of respect for the work ethic of some people. I just differ in my view I guess. For me, I want poker to be fun. When poker is fun, I play my best game, and win the most money. When I'm just playing for the sake of clearing a bonus, I tend to lose focus and play badly. JMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

BTW, I dont 24table. I'll probbaly play like 16-18 for the rest of the year. If I'm cutting it close, I'll 24table shortstacking.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess what he should have asked is, is doing this fun?
Old 12-01-2007, 02:53 AM

Love it, AQ < QJ for 2nd in chips
Old 12-01-2007, 02:54 AM

sometimes.
Old 12-01-2007, 02:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[censored] no.

By the end of 2008 I won't be 12 tabling 2/4, but 1 and 2 tabling 10/20+ 6m and HU(and FR if legislation gets passed and those games start happening again)

Book it. Sidebets anyone?
Old 12-01-2007, 02:56 AM

I am going through a different time that most of you guys, I am trying to learn so I dont play more than 4 tables. I guess when you get all the standard things down it comes a little easier, but I couldnt do it at this point.
Old 12-01-2007, 02:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[censored] no.

By the end of 2008 I won't be 12 tabling 2/4, but 1 and 2 tabling 10/20+ 6m and HU(and FR if legislation gets passed and those games start happening again)

Book it. Sidebets anyone?

[/ QUOTE ]

Im rooting for ya
Old 12-01-2007, 02:57 AM

I LOVE ACE QUEEN YEEEEEEAHHHHHHHH
Old 12-01-2007, 02:58 AM

24 tabling shortstacking is ridiculously hard....it's just too tough to rathole and find new tables

i just 24 table fullstack