Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-2007, 03:13 PM

Default Starting hands, position 10 table NL cash

I've just been looking at PT and my PFR % is at 6.87% which is classed as passive going by excessions ratings. I heard 7-10% is an optimum level? I seem to raise with quite alot of hands aswell. Just to run through it

I'll raise from any position, even with limpers with 99-AA,AK,AQ. Perhaps i need to be raising with KQ, 88-66 in middle to late. Sometimes though, depending on the player i'll raise the blinds with anything. Usually i'm reluctant to raise with AT between 5-button with limpers before me, i just don't like it. Also i don't raise very often with KQ, KJ in middle and late if i have limpers. I find they can be dominated and hard to play, post flop.

Actually, i'm just following Harrington vol 1 and his starting, raising hands and he seems tight - i.e only re with AA,KK. Can anyone give me some good links for position and what hands to raise with early, middle, late with limpers before you.

I found this chart but it looks for 6handed max, i could be wrong. It seems very aggressive -

http://www.pokerprofessor.co.uk/down...r1280x1024.bmp

In that chart, if anyone has limped and ur in late postion raise with 22-66..maybe [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] at 10handed though, i have my doubts. Thanks for any help. I might have to start reading some more books as i've been lazy in recent months.
Old 10-26-2007, 03:28 PM

Default Re: Starting hands, position 10 table NL cash

Ed Miller's series on building a starting hand chart
Old 10-26-2007, 06:14 PM

Default Re: Starting hands, position 10 table NL cash

Definitely ask this in the full ring forum. If people misread your post and start giving you advice for preflop play at 6-max then you're in big trouble!