Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-14-2007, 04:14 AM

Default Flop bottom two vs insanely retard villain...how to extract?

Villain is 52/9/9 over ~50 hands

Limps nearly EVERY hand and donkbets/calls a lot.

he/she RARELY raises so i'm guessing it usually means high cards and big pairs.

And, from the big blind i almost always treat a minraise as a call since i get attractive odds PF. Tell me if that's stupid or not.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Button ($86.70)
SB ($47.95)
Hero ($50)
UTG ($53.80)
MP ($50)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $1</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls $0.50.

Flop: ($2.25) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $2</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $4</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $17</font>, Button folds.

Final Pot: $10.25

I think i should have raised a lot less...like maybe 10 or 11.

But thinking i just got minraised in a pot where this person raised PF i doubt they're folding.

thoughts?
Old 09-14-2007, 04:16 AM

Default Re: Flop bottom two vs insanely retard villain...how to extract?

wow, 17 is definetely not the way to go. I would make it 10-11, but if he folded 17, he probably wouldve been folding that too
Old 09-14-2007, 04:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]

And, from the big blind i almost always treat a minraise as a call since i get attractive odds PF. Tell me if that's stupid or not.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is something I used to think too, but I'm pretty sure this is wrong.
You're OOP and, especially with suited/unsuited connectors I don't like to be in this spot. Just look at your position stats and see if your play from the blinds is doing good.
Anyway, against poor players you're pretty sure you can outplay postflop you may do this, so my idea is you shouldn't play semitrash hands because you're getting good odds, but rather value if your play might work even if you know you'll miss the board most of the time.
Old 09-14-2007, 04:43 AM

I'd think about stack sizes here and plan to have your turn bet be all in. 17 seems fine to me, but I might prefer 15.50 or so. If he's got an overpair you're getting his stack either way. No time to screw around with bottom two...
Old 09-14-2007, 06:54 AM

you can't let the turn drop on this board, there is so much that you have to be worried about. I'd try a smaller raise, but id still raise. If he doesnt call, he wasnt calling without improving to something that beats you anyway.