Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-17-2007, 05:31 PM

Default Re: Not 4-betting a lot in $100NL

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
In all the other forums people look down on "donkaments". I have been doing pretty well playing them, I guess because they are so soft.

Playing tournaments may lead to a more aggressive style. You get used to reraising allin with suited connectors, Kxs, broadway cards, and small pairs late in tournaments. This is different from people with a limit holdem grinder backgoround, who have learned to just play medium and big pps and big aces and raise them preflop and thn bet every street.

[/ QUOTE ]

I used to play SNGs almost exclusively so I have been subject to the "heckling" as well.

But if we're calling a [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] a [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] cash games are much more difficult to play well.

I don't think you should be offended because you play both and succeed in both.

By the way, do you have a backer? The reason I'm asking is because the tournaments you play seem to be quite bigger (relatively) to the cash games you play.

[/ QUOTE ]
Cash games require deep money play, but tournaments involve a lot of different situations and table conditions.

No backer for tournaments. Just keep winning so move up in buyins. 10-tabling $100 NL isn't that low stakes. A lot of tournament players play cash games at a level they have the bankroll for rahter than a level they know they can beat.
Old 02-17-2007, 06:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There was a hand similar to the one you described that we were involved in and I laid AK down to you. Hope it wasn't that big of a mistake!

[/ QUOTE ]
Incidently, I shouldn't advise you on how to play against me, but the way I was raising and the way you were reraising me, I would push with AK to a 4-bet.
Old 02-17-2007, 07:03 PM

I stopped 4 betting at FR since you ONLY get action by AA/KK. Has worked fairly well. You actually get some action out of JJ-QQ when an you both have overpairs. If an A doesn't fall you're still probably getting stacked by AA though.
Old 02-18-2007, 04:20 AM

No one ever 4bets in my experience anymore. I only 4bet JJ and QQ against most opponents. This might be a leak.