Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-12-2006, 01:44 AM

Default AA facing reraise,

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Button ($235.20)
SB ($347.45)
BB ($140.22)
UTG ($94.38)
Hero ($384.40)

Preflop: Hero is MP with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $1.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $8</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB (poster) raises to $23</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $71</font>, SB folds.

Final Pot: $97

standard. My question is. do you always 3-bet? do you always just call? if you do both wich factor do you consider for 3-betting or calling? when you are deep wich play do you prefere and vs what kind of opponent?

thank you.
Old 09-12-2006, 01:46 AM

Default Re: AA facing reraise,

completely opponent dependent and such. vs an unknown at 1/2 i'll 4-bet this deep.
Old 09-12-2006, 01:48 AM

ur 4 betting
Old 09-12-2006, 02:03 AM

I always 4-bet, and I 4-bet more often and with a way wider range than AA-JJ in position, and more often the deeper I am. If I was very tight and didn't 4-bet much at all, I would call and raise equally, I think.
Old 09-12-2006, 02:15 AM

I don’t consequently do one or the other but evaluate the situation in which I include factors as position, player images, and stack sizes. You probably want to 4-bet if both you and villain are deep to reduce the rather large implied odds that always occurs in situations with deep stacked action, which also will make him more inclined to call your re-raise and thereby build the pot up. If villain, to take another example, often makes continuation bets and if a re-raise would make him suspicious, you might want just to call if you have position on him. Sometimes you want to re-raise to reduce odds for players action after you and so on. As you clearly can tell there are so many unique situations that it would take a very long time to cover them all in a single post. But I can assure you that it wouldn’t be profitable to consequently do one of the things all the time. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-12-2006, 03:35 AM

Everyone covered the points pretty well so far. I don't 4 bet much so I would tend to call in spots like this with position.