Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-09-2007, 09:03 PM

Default Re: Dumbest cashier ever? (TR kinda-sorta)

[ QUOTE ]
I worked at CVS for 2 yrs or so. The thing I hated the most was people that came in at the last minute, right before we closed. If I had been working for 8 hours or so, I want to leave ASAP. We closed at 10, and we were not allowed to close the door untill 10, and so almost every night shift I had, someone comes in a 9:57 or whatever and strolls around the store and slowly shops. Then they wonder why I'm not the happiest person when they finally get to the register to check out.

[/ QUOTE ]

"Welcome to CVS, sir! We're going to be closing in just a few minutes, is there something I can help you find?"

Even if they say no, they'll know to not dawdle.
Old 07-09-2007, 09:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I worked at CVS for 2 yrs or so. The thing I hated the most was people that came in at the last minute, right before we closed. If I had been working for 8 hours or so, I want to leave ASAP. We closed at 10, and we were not allowed to close the door untill 10, and so almost every night shift I had, someone comes in a 9:57 or whatever and strolls around the store and slowly shops. Then they wonder why I'm not the happiest person when they finally get to the register to check out.

[/ QUOTE ]

"Welcome to CVS, sir! We're going to be closing in just a few minutes, is there something I can help you find?"

Even if they say no, they'll know to not dawdle.

[/ QUOTE ]

leveling??
Old 07-09-2007, 09:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm curious to all you current/former fast food workers how often does spitting in peoples food actually happen,Occasionally or many times daily?

[/ QUOTE ]
Worked fast food chicken in HS, never saw anybody mess with a customer's food.

[ QUOTE ]
I worked at CVS for 2 yrs or so. The thing I hated the most was people that came in at the last minute, right before we closed. If I had been working for 8 hours or so, I want to leave ASAP. We closed at 10, and we were not allowed to close the door untill 10, and so almost every night shift I had, someone comes in a 9:57 or whatever and strolls around the store and slowly shops.

[/ QUOTE ]
The slowly shopping thing is obviously retarded, but if you let yourself get upset by people coming in just before close, you're kind of an idiot. If you closed at 9:30 instead of 10:00, they'd just come in at 9:27 instead of 9:57. If you work service and let that get to you, you're gonna go crazy.
Old 07-09-2007, 10:42 PM

I worked at a gas station many years back, when pay at the pump was a new thing, not the common place convience we all now consider it. I'm the only person in the store on a busy saturday afternoon (common occurance) so I was unable to leave the counter. Layout of the station was pretty simple, 4 pumps on each side of the store, 1-4 on your left, 5-8 on your right. I suck at the MS paint thing, so accept that odd pumps faced me, and even pumps faced out (so I couldn't see them except to see if a car was at them or not).

Customer comes in
c: "ya need to turn on pump 8" in his best hill folk drawl (this was in MN)
D: "it is on sir, you need to select cash or credit" (keep in mind that I have a line at the window and this yahoo just yelled over the line at me)
c: "no you's pump ain't working, turn on pump 8"
D: "It is on sir, you need to press the cash button or the credit button." (I continue to help customers)
c: (now pushing his way to the front of the line) "Turn on pump 8 smarta$$"
D: "It is on sir, you need to select cash or credit"
c: (knowledge starting to creep into his eyes) "How'd I do that?"
D: "You see the orange box out there on Pump 5?"
c: "But I'm on pump 8"
D: "Yes I understand sir, it's the same on pump 8, now you see that orange box on pump 5"
c: (petulantly like a 5 year old) "But I'm on pump 8"
D: "I understand that sir, it's the same on pump 8, do you see the orange box on pump 5?"
c: (now acting like I'm the idiot) "But I'm on pump 8"
D: "I give up, maybe someone out there can help you, NEXT"

someone did help him, and when he came in to pay, he asked why I did such a bad job of explaining things. It took all my willpower not to throttle him on the spot.
Old 07-10-2007, 12:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm curious to all you current/former fast food workers how often does spitting in peoples food actually happen,Occasionally or many times daily?

[/ QUOTE ]

A guy I knew in high school worked at McDonald's and would brag about how whenever a customer would ask for a special order, he'd stand over the grill spitting on their burger until it was done. I believed him, too. He was the kind of guy who wouldn't think twice about doing such a thing.
Old 07-10-2007, 01:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Didn't read anything but the OP but this is nationwide apparently because pretty much the exact same thing happened to my friend (including the people at BK having no control).

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL This makes the story a lot more interesting.

How the f could BK be so stupid to roll out faulty cash registers nationwide?

[/ QUOTE ]

Obviously, PEOPLE are just stupid. Not just cashiers.
Old 07-10-2007, 02:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

A guy I knew in high school worked at McDonald's and would brag about how whenever a customer would ask for a special order, he'd stand over the grill spitting on their burger until it was done. I believed him, too. He was the kind of guy who wouldn't think twice about doing such a thing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly.
People who worked at fast-food and never saw this happen might not be relevant.

I worked at Wendy's for a few months in high-school and worked in the dining-halls in college. I never saw or even thought about such a thing.

But I think a lot of you can think of someone psycho enough to do something like that just to get their rocks off.
And it's not like fast-food employees are the creme de la creme of society.
There's a reason they couldn't get any other job elsewhere.
Old 07-10-2007, 05:36 AM

a. I have 6+ years of FF working experience, food is very rarely [censored] with, if ever. The worse I did was for a guy i knew from school and all my friends asked me to do it, so I threw the patty on the floor, licked it and made it with no gloves. Thats about it.

b. Also too, when employees [censored] up, if they are any good they will fix it and give you more.

c. There is a certain equitette in a drive thru, people really should learn it. Its simple:
- Dont place HUGE orders in the drive thru
- Dont have anyone but the person in the driver seat order
- Dont yell and speak slowly and act like the person is a kindergarten retard
Old 07-10-2007, 12:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The worse I did was for a guy i knew from school and all my friends asked me to do it, so I threw the patty on the floor, licked it and made it with no gloves. Thats about it.

[/ QUOTE ]

?

[ QUOTE ]
Dont yell and speak slowly and act like the person is a kindergarten retard

[/ QUOTE ]

If the shoe fits...
Old 07-10-2007, 12:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I certainly don't expect cashiers to be rocket surgeons or even competent, but I don't really think it's too much to ask for no tomatoes, and then to send it back if it comes with tomatoes. Politely.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree that this is okay. But I think getting huffy and aggressive when someone at a <u>fast food restaurant</u> is just absurd. When you go to McDonald's or BK or whatever, the transaction you're participating in as follows:

- You will give meager amount of money to said business.
- Business will provide you with cheaply prepared food served by unskilled and unmotivated workers.

These are the terms of buying fast food. The degree to which the workers and lack skill or motivation can be stunning (as shown in this thread) but going into a fast food place expecting to pay minimal amounts but expecting to get service better than the typical fast food place is just unreasonable. If you absolutely need better than fast food service to not blow a gasket, then you should go somewhere else and pay for it.