Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-13-2006, 02:15 AM

Default Re: looking for a new mod

That was an amazingly quick removal of DB's post.

I don't think he will ever learn.
Old 09-13-2006, 02:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
btw, I plan on banning istewart as often as possible just to see the names he comes up with.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is so wrong on many levels

[/ QUOTE ]

i think he needs one chance to start being funny again. give him 100 posts. as i said in another thread, he's been mailing it in for a while now, just pushing buttons.

NT
Old 09-13-2006, 02:24 AM

mmbtone lost all credibility when he made that ridiculously stupid post in the thread about the guy catching his fiancee cheating on him.

mmbtone said something to the effect of "good luck to your kid growing up with a cheater and a headcase who can't control his emotions.." LOL!!!
Old 09-13-2006, 02:32 AM

I'll do it. I hate [censored] posts.
Old 09-13-2006, 02:32 AM

I would make a good mod.

I am playing poker full time now so I spend way too much time on 2p2. Also, I think I have developed a good sense of what sucks and why.
Old 09-13-2006, 03:31 AM

I would just like to add to this thread... plus juan
Old 09-13-2006, 03:37 AM

I nominate myself for mod-ship...

I'm a UK 2+2er and thus can do the hrs when its likely that not many of the others will be modding this forum...

I don't post as much in OOT as much as I used to but that wouldn't affect my modding as I'm in the forum all day everyday...

There are though one or two posters who have volunteered who could do a better job than me but if you are looking for a UK altenative than I would volunteer my services...

If not me then I would go with SackUp as my first choice...

Vava
Old 09-13-2006, 03:43 AM

I'd like to say a word or two about my own personal and political philosophies with respect to modding.

I suppose the biggest questions regarding my candidacy have to do with the perceptions of Diablo et al. that I want to be liked too much to be able to do the job effectively. This is simply nonsense. I am sensitive to my reputation only when I think it is being questioned unfairly or misconstrued. When I think I am right, I do exactly as I please, to the extent I think correct. I've ended more than one real-life friendship on the grounds that I just disapproved of their approach to life and wouldn't get with the program. What chance do you poor [censored] think you have?

My notions.

1) Turn up the juice a little regarding dead wood. I disapprove of the three-* system; anyone reaching 2 *s should almost certainly already be gone. One warning and one Das Boot seems perfectly sufficient.

2)Regarding 'useless mods,' unless we are applying for some sort of 'mod above mods' position, I fail to see how such a decision would rightly fall within my jurisdiction, rather than, say, Mat's. Similar comments apply to locked/moved threads. I don't like these things any more than the rest of you, but promising to do something about them seems to me akin to the kid running for seventh-grade student council promising Coke machines - who do you think you are, and what influence do you think you have? What would likely happen under such circumstances is this -

A) Some [censored] goes down.
B) I complain about it ceaselessly and will not take no for an answer.
C) I get fired / resign in disgust.
D) They find somebody who won't bitch.

As long as we're all prepared to accept this, then fine.

3) Regarding bans, and the types of guff that I will not stand for. Obviously, in selecting an OOT mod, you're basically electing a Head Critic, turning over complete faith to one person's sense of aesthetics, boundaries, humor, taste, etc. I would start by pointing out that my critical capacities are pretty much unsurpassed. Equalled, perhaps, but certainly not surpassed. I would add that I have a special hatred for [censored]/troll types and that these will be feeling the back of my hand early and often. Anybody bitching about the girlfriend, or asking about weed, or speculating on toilet-paper theory or suchlike had better have a compellingly funny / insightful / philosophical angle and had better have it ready fast. Same applies for anything else we talk about with no progress a million times. Just don't suck. Less simple than it sounds, of course, but really not that complicated, so long as you're smart and have anything to contribute. "What is good, Phaedrus, and what is not good; need we ask anyone to tell us these things?"

4) Regarding dramabombs - I will work hard to avoid hypocrisy, here. Only those who place themselves, or whose actions place themselves, in the public eye shall be liable to public scrutiny / attack. You want to post a pic of a non-2p2er, or otherwise involve them personally in OOT, you'd better rehost pics, preserve anonymity, etc, or mass edits/deletions will occur. 2p2ers, being 'citizens,' so to speak, are different, and will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.

5) I support maintaining the integrity of OOT content to the greatest degree possible. That means opposing moving threads that are not obviously strategy or meant for legitimate special-content forums like Politics or Sports. Happily, the sorts of posts likely to be tagged for removal to The Dorm, say, or LoL, tend to suck anyway, thus minimizing the entire problem, but anything posted in OOT that's worth a damn will, so far as I'm concerned, stay in OOT.

6) I support the notion of a more transparent modding community. I would prefer, like many, that Mod Forum were visible + readable to all posters, even if they couldn't post. That would rather diminish its usefulness as a drydock for "Oh [censored] this thread might get us sued" overhauls, but all that nonsense is pretty tiresome, anyway.

7) All current bans remain in effect. No skulking back in because you threw a fit and now regret it, or because you think your rejection isn't fair. Make a new account if it twists your titties that bad.

Those wanting to know more about my notions of effective administration should look to the careers of, say, Hammurabi, Abraham Lincoln, or Julian Augustus. (So long, anarcho-capitalist vote!)
Old 09-13-2006, 04:04 AM

wow, thought about it too much?

I vote 'tone, NT, or IndieMatty.

Most of you guys would probably be douches as a mod, and the fact that you guys are basically chomping at the bit and actively campaigning for the job makes me think you want it for all the wrong reasons.
Old 09-13-2006, 04:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think few are capable of the coldheartness needed for this job.

pick me - I was born for this.

RB

[/ QUOTE ]
Here's your man.