Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-29-2007, 03:43 PM

Default Re: All 3 Boston teams winning the championship??

I do think if 1 or 2 of the Big 3 get hurt then they will. I also think if Rondo gets hurt you guys might be in even more trouble seeing that the only backup pg is Eddie House who is a pure shooting PG. I think they can afford to lose PP or RA for short periods, but I don't think they can afford to lose KG at all this season. Although he hasn't had a history of getting hurt.
Old 10-29-2007, 03:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I do think if 1 or 2 of the Big 3 get hurt then they will. I also think if Rondo gets hurt you guys might be in even more trouble seeing that the only backup pg is Eddie House who is a pure shooting PG. I think they can afford to lose PP or RA for short periods, but I don't think they can afford to lose KG at all this season. Although he hasn't had a history of getting hurt.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that KG is by far the most important one to this team just because we lack bigmen. If PP/Ray go down, even for the entire season, I believe we still make the playoffs. And like you said KG is very durable. However I still think we can lose KG for like 5-10 games and still be fine.

Eddie House is fine at PG, all he has to do is bring the ball up the court and hand the ball off to one of the Big 3. That is what I want anyway. And if Eddie House has trouble bringing the ball up the court, either PP or Ray Allen can do it instead.
Old 10-29-2007, 03:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
12:1 sounds about right for a 7 game series between Spurs/Suns and Celtics. That's a marked improvement from the Finals last year, which was probably more like 20:1.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL if the Celtics make the finals and are healthy vs the Spurs/Suns please give me 12:1 on it pleaseeeeeeeeeeeee.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was only kidding....on the square. The finals are a long way away. I'm a huge KG and Ray Allen mark, and I'll be watching the C's with interest this year, but c'mon. The Spurs and Suns (and I guess I can't really drop the Mavs) are complete teams that are not even in the same league as anybody else. Those teams not only have the MVP-calibur players, but they also play the best team ball of anybody, and Popovich and Nash are maybe the 2 best coaches in the league.
Old 10-29-2007, 03:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
12:1 sounds about right for a 7 game series between Spurs/Suns and Celtics. That's a marked improvement from the Finals last year, which was probably more like 20:1.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL if the Celtics make the finals and are healthy vs the Spurs/Suns please give me 12:1 on it pleaseeeeeeeeeeeee.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was only kidding....on the square. The finals are a long way away. I'm a huge KG and Ray Allen mark, and I'll be watching the C's with interest this year, but c'mon. The Spurs and Suns (and I guess I can't really drop the Mavs) are complete teams that are not even in the same league as anybody else. Those teams not only have the MVP-calibur players, but they also play the best team ball of anybody, and Popovich and Nash are maybe the 2 best coaches in the league.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL I love how you called Nash a coach, I will assume that was a typo. And when did I say the Celtics were better than either of them? I'm just saying they are not THAT much worse and it's not like we would get blown out of the finals like Cleveland did.

And once you get to the finals, anything can happen. If the Celtics get to the finals, I would say the Celtics have a 3 or 4:1 chance of pulling an upset and winning it all over either the Spurs or Suns.
Old 10-29-2007, 03:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
LOL I love how you called Nash a coach, I will assume that was a typo. And when did I say the Celtics were better than either of them? I'm just saying they are not THAT much worse and it's not like we would get blown out of the finals like Cleveland did.

And once you get to the finals, anything can happen. If the Celtics get to the finals, I would say the Celtics have a 3 or 4:1 chance of pulling an upset and winning it all over either the Spurs or Suns.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ugh. Tuq is way more fun than you.
Old 10-29-2007, 04:11 PM

rest assured there will be all kinds of value in the suns when they play the celtics for the title
Old 10-29-2007, 04:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Red Sox and Pats were/are solid bets.

The Celtics are not.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL @ 12:1 not being a neutral EV bet. You do realize the Celtics are probably the best team in the east (assuming Doc doesn't screw it up too badly with his coaching) and are not that much worse than the Spurs or Suns.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've told you this before...maybe even in this thread...

You are such a better poster when you're not talking about Boston sports. Seriously. I don't mean this to be offensive, but you're just horrible when you talk about any Boston team.

I have no clue why some intelligent people can be so illogical when discussing their home teams.

105,798 and counting

[/ QUOTE ]

This is coming from the person who claimed the Pats were only 8:1 to win the superbowl LOL enough said.

[/ QUOTE ]

EPiPeN11,

Please stop and think for a second. I'm not bashing you here. I've seen you make good quality posts before. I know you play mid stakes NLHE, so you're obviously somewhat capable of being logical. If I just thought you were some stupid troll, I'd just ignore you and move on, but I don't.

Yes, I thoguht the Pats were 8:1 at the beginning. I also thought that the Saints were about 15:1....obviously those didn't turn out like they seemed, but that mean that the odds were wrong to begin the season. Regardless.....

With everyone in here telling you how wrong you are, and realizing that you're arguing for your favorite teams, do you not think that its possible that you're being a homer? I'm telling you this as a courtesy, not to try to bash you: You are probably the biggest homer on this board, and your normally logical posts turn into complete crap when you discuss Boston.

105,797 and counting

[/ QUOTE ]

No I think everyone else is being a hater which doesn't shock me cause everyone for the most part hates Boston teams.

I have had NBA league pass for the last 2 years (this will be the 3rd) and watch evey team in the NBA play multiple times throughout the year.

The people who are spewing out crap have probably not seen the Celtics play one game this year (preseason I know but still when you put 3 top 25 players in the NBA on the same team, you are going to have a sick team).

These people are spewing out comments like they have no bench when they do have a bench, it is just clear to me they have no clue what they are talking about. They are the same people who probably have never heard of Kendrick Perkins before.

And if I was a complete homer, I would be overrating Rondo like the rest of the Celtic fans out there.

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF would we all hate Boston?

I've lived in NY for 7 years and I hate NY. I'm completely unbiased when it comes to Boston(if anything, people on here think I'm a Brady fan).

I know the NBA quite well and know nearly all of Boston's roster...depth is indeed an issue for them this year.

You keep making silly defenses of yourself...like simply because you don't overrate Rondo, you're not a homer. Dude, I have no reason to hate Boston and I don't dislike you at all...but if someone asked me to HONESTLY say who the biggest homer was in this entire forum, I'd pick you and it wouldn't even be close. Does that not tell you something? Why do you think I'd say that if you aren't a homer?

You just live in a dream world when it comes to Boston man. And seriously LOL at "everyone else just hates Boston." There are a ton of rational people in this forum telling you that you're a homer, and I don't think any of them are Boston haters. Boston may just go on to win all 3 titles...your odds were still absolutely ridiculous.

105,775 and counting

[/ QUOTE ]

You do realize most teams in the playoffs use 8 man rotations right?

Rondo, Ray Allen, Pierce, KG, Perk, House, Posey that's 7 right there. If Pollard/Big Baby surprise that's 8. If Tony Allen comes back healthy he could be decent (although I feel hes a bad fit for this team and is much more effective with the ball in his hands).

Depth is not that big of an issue for this team aside from the back up center spot. Also KG will probably play some center anyway so a KG/Perk Center platoon is fine vs any center not 300+ pounds who are named Shaq or Eddie Curry. Big Baby could fill in at backup PF and do a decent job.

Maybe you don't hate Boston, but most of the other people in this thread do.

[/ QUOTE ]

I really don't want to debate with you regarding Boston. I only posted in here to let you know that I think you're a good poster but are bad when you post about Boston in the hope that you'd perhaps change your ways a bit. If you disagree, then thats fine. I won't bother anymore.

105,766 and counting
Old 10-29-2007, 04:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Red Sox and Pats were/are solid bets.

The Celtics are not.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL @ 12:1 not being a neutral EV bet. You do realize the Celtics are probably the best team in the east (assuming Doc doesn't screw it up too badly with his coaching) and are not that much worse than the Spurs or Suns.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've told you this before...maybe even in this thread...

You are such a better poster when you're not talking about Boston sports. Seriously. I don't mean this to be offensive, but you're just horrible when you talk about any Boston team.

I have no clue why some intelligent people can be so illogical when discussing their home teams.

105,798 and counting

[/ QUOTE ]

This is coming from the person who claimed the Pats were only 8:1 to win the superbowl LOL enough said.

[/ QUOTE ]

EPiPeN11,

Please stop and think for a second. I'm not bashing you here. I've seen you make good quality posts before. I know you play mid stakes NLHE, so you're obviously somewhat capable of being logical. If I just thought you were some stupid troll, I'd just ignore you and move on, but I don't.

Yes, I thoguht the Pats were 8:1 at the beginning. I also thought that the Saints were about 15:1....obviously those didn't turn out like they seemed, but that mean that the odds were wrong to begin the season. Regardless.....

With everyone in here telling you how wrong you are, and realizing that you're arguing for your favorite teams, do you not think that its possible that you're being a homer? I'm telling you this as a courtesy, not to try to bash you: You are probably the biggest homer on this board, and your normally logical posts turn into complete crap when you discuss Boston.

105,797 and counting

[/ QUOTE ]

No I think everyone else is being a hater which doesn't shock me cause everyone for the most part hates Boston teams.

I have had NBA league pass for the last 2 years (this will be the 3rd) and watch evey team in the NBA play multiple times throughout the year.

The people who are spewing out crap have probably not seen the Celtics play one game this year (preseason I know but still when you put 3 top 25 players in the NBA on the same team, you are going to have a sick team).

These people are spewing out comments like they have no bench when they do have a bench, it is just clear to me they have no clue what they are talking about. They are the same people who probably have never heard of Kendrick Perkins before.

And if I was a complete homer, I would be overrating Rondo like the rest of the Celtic fans out there.

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF would we all hate Boston?

I've lived in NY for 7 years and I hate NY. I'm completely unbiased when it comes to Boston(if anything, people on here think I'm a Brady fan).

I know the NBA quite well and know nearly all of Boston's roster...depth is indeed an issue for them this year.

You keep making silly defenses of yourself...like simply because you don't overrate Rondo, you're not a homer. Dude, I have no reason to hate Boston and I don't dislike you at all...but if someone asked me to HONESTLY say who the biggest homer was in this entire forum, I'd pick you and it wouldn't even be close. Does that not tell you something? Why do you think I'd say that if you aren't a homer?

You just live in a dream world when it comes to Boston man. And seriously LOL at "everyone else just hates Boston." There are a ton of rational people in this forum telling you that you're a homer, and I don't think any of them are Boston haters. Boston may just go on to win all 3 titles...your odds were still absolutely ridiculous.

105,775 and counting

[/ QUOTE ]

You do realize most teams in the playoffs use 8 man rotations right?

Rondo, Ray Allen, Pierce, KG, Perk, House, Posey that's 7 right there. If Pollard/Big Baby surprise that's 8. If Tony Allen comes back healthy he could be decent (although I feel hes a bad fit for this team and is much more effective with the ball in his hands).

Depth is not that big of an issue for this team aside from the back up center spot. Also KG will probably play some center anyway so a KG/Perk Center platoon is fine vs any center not 300+ pounds who are named Shaq or Eddie Curry. Big Baby could fill in at backup PF and do a decent job.

Maybe you don't hate Boston, but most of the other people in this thread do.

[/ QUOTE ]

I really don't want to debate with you regarding Boston. I only posted in here to let you know that I think you're a good poster but are bad when you post about Boston in the hope that you'd perhaps change your ways a bit. If you disagree, then thats fine. I won't bother anymore.

105,766 and counting

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok that's fine, I do disagree and think I am very objective even when discussing Boston sports. I think if I was this extreme homer you claim, I would be saying the Celtics would be favorites to win the NBA title, that KG was the best player in the NBA, that Rondo was amazing, and that Tony Allen will be an all-star someday etc.
Old 10-29-2007, 05:33 PM

Assani vs Epipen, the universe could implode...

Also I'd say there's probably a better chance of the third team being BC than the Celts at this point. If we are talking about repeating next year, then I think the Celts, Sox and Pats would be a solid bet.
Old 10-29-2007, 06:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Assani vs Epipen, the universe could implode...

Also I'd say there's probably a better chance of the third team being BC than the Celts at this point. If we are talking about repeating next year, then I think the Celts, Sox and Pats would be a solid bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

ldo, however no one predicted BC would be in the national championship hunt at the start of the season and rightfully so.

However now that the schedule is completly in their favor, I think odds of BC winning the national championship is somewhere between 5 or 6:1.