View Poll Results: Who is hotter?
Charlize Theron 160 42.11%
Ana Beatriz Barros 220 57.89%
Voters: 380. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-31-2007, 06:50 PM

Default Re: Fulltilt froze my account with 47 grand in it

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Sillysal is asking to be told what he is accused of doing. This is not unreasonable.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think it is, and it isn't. If 5 players were suspected something illegal like chip dumping or CC fraud, I don't feel it would be in the best interest of the investigation if FTP were to tell them what they're being investigated for. That might give them information that they could use to collaborate, and would jeopardize future progress or developments in the case.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fraudsters in every other part of our western communities are told what they are accused of when they have large chunks of money frozen. I don't think people who are accused of defrauding poker sites are any worse than other accused fraudsters in the world.
Old 10-31-2007, 06:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Our court system: You can appeal from independent court to independent court, and in some countries (eg, US, Indonesia) the head of state can grant a pardon.

FTP: No appeal.

[/ QUOTE ]

yes you can appeal from independent court to independent court, while you are in jail.

is there really no appeal process at FTP though?
can you prove that somehow, i really am curious.

[ QUOTE ]
Well, no. In the process of an investigation, it's very routine to exclude some suspects.

It's just offensive to suggest that someone should be under suspicion until the end of the investigation if the investigation can clear them earlier.

[/ QUOTE ]

yes, but how could you know which suspects to exclude? If you accidentally exclude one of the guilty parties, they might take their illegal funds and dump somewhere else.

[ QUOTE ]

Concrete rules like this need to be considered with common sense.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah maybe it can be considered, but only depending on the severity of the accusation
Old 10-31-2007, 07:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Fraudsters in every other part of our western communities are told what they are accused of when they have large chunks of money frozen. I don't think people who are accused of defrauding poker sites are any worse than other accused fraudsters in the world.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, but due to the fact that online poker is based on a trust relationship, (they trust that you dont cheat, you trust that they won't steal your money), I think its hardto compare it to "western communities".

In western communities, when you are accused of a crime, they have you locked up and you have nowhere to run, and they know where you are and who you are allowed to talk to at all times.
Old 10-31-2007, 07:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
is there really no appeal process at FTP though?

[/ QUOTE ]
Theoretically one can appeal to the KGC. Details of this are in the forum FAQ.

To put it mildly, the KGC is not highly respected.

[ QUOTE ]
yes, but how could you know which suspects to exclude?

[/ QUOTE ]
How about those that you believe to be innocent?

[ QUOTE ]
If you accidentally exclude one of the guilty parties, they might take their illegal funds and dump somewhere else.

[/ QUOTE ]
Well, I guess if you accidentally acquit a murderer in court, he might get off. What's the alternative? Gaol all accused murderers and skip the whole trial part?
Old 10-31-2007, 07:11 PM

quote]is there really no appeal process at FTP though?

[/ QUOTE ]
Theoretically one can appeal to the KGC. Details of this are in the forum FAQ.

[/ QUOTE ]
So there IS an appeals process. The appeal process for a US system after you have been founded guilty is "theoretical" as well.

[ QUOTE ]
yes, but how could you know which suspects to exclude?

[/ QUOTE ]
How about those that you believe to be innocent?

[ QUOTE ]
If you accidentally exclude one of the guilty parties, they might take their illegal funds and dump somewhere else.

[/ QUOTE ]
Well, I guess if you accidentally acquit a murderer in court, he might get off. What's the alternative? Gaol all accused murderers and skip the whole trial part?

[/ QUOTE ]

You're starting to lose me..

acquitting a murderer, is completely different than excluding a suspect from investigation. for a murderer to be acquitted (like OJ simpson) he has to be tried.
and for an innocent suspect to be exonerated, he has to be investigated
Old 10-31-2007, 07:12 PM

Wow this thread is really getting off topic...
Old 10-31-2007, 07:15 PM

I agree that this is getting off the topic too much; This thread is a good place where much of the discussion about the obligation of sites has already taken place
Old 10-31-2007, 07:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I agree that this is getting off the topic too much; This thread is a good place where much of the discussion about the obligation of sites has already taken place

[/ QUOTE ]

you're right I agree that that is a better place for this discussion.
Old 10-31-2007, 07:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Wait, let's back up a minute. Did turtle82 really think that people who are being held for rape don't get to know what they're being held for?

I just want to know what kind of a retard we're dealing with here.

[/ QUOTE ]

wait lets back up a minute, you're an idiot.

I never said people who are arrested for rape don't know what they are being charged for, I said that they dont get to know all the details of the investigation. Guess you can't read either.

"When you were arrested for rape, did they put you in jail and update you on a regular basis while they investigated and give you all the details and facts and evidence? "

[/ QUOTE ]

So just as I suspected: A retard who is off his leash and who makes law analogies without knowing the first thing about law.

Thanks for clarifying.
Old 10-31-2007, 07:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Wait, let's back up a minute. Did turtle82 really think that people who are being held for rape don't get to know what they're being held for?

I just want to know what kind of a retard we're dealing with here.

[/ QUOTE ]

wait lets back up a minute, you're an idiot.

I never said people who are arrested for rape don't know what they are being charged for, I said that they dont get to know all the details of the investigation. Guess you can't read either.

"When you were arrested for rape, did they put you in jail and update you on a regular basis while they investigated and give you all the details and facts and evidence? "

[/ QUOTE ]

So just as I suspected: A retard who is off his leash and who makes law analogies without knowing the first thing about law.

Thanks for clarifying.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just as I suspected: you're an idiot who twice now has failed to make any valid point.

Thanks for confirming.

p.s. the fact that you think that "retards" belong on a leash says enough about what kind of person you are