Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-30-2007, 09:45 PM

Default Re: I am tapped

How many fortunate players are there that turned pro without high risk/ high reward situation? Who really had the bankroll to call themselves a pro before they hit that big win? You see young players that weren't even old enough to play are winning huge tournaments and are called online pros.. Not to say they aren't good players, but how good were they back then when they were starting off. They have millions of hands for experience, but how did they get them without a good starting bankroll unless someone gave them 50k to start with. Some of them have triple crowns on pocketfives, but it doesn't show profit only wins. So there is no accuracy for roi. Other databases have the same flaws. I like big stack, but only shows stats for full tilt. If you're lucky enough to win the million guaranteed you could lose 500 buy ins and still show good profit.

Johnny chan respected pro came to vegas went broke. Who knows how many times before he won the main event?
Negraneu 2004 player of the year. Last year lost more money in buy-ins than he won the previous year. (However losses were offset by wins with side games)He was lucky enough to win the first WSOP he entered which gave him a good bankroll. Probably wouldn't have all those titles without his first win.
Duke went broke had to get a loan from a family member I believe.
There are many good pros that went broke or almost went broke at one time or another. Not that they were bad players cards just fall the way they fall. Barry Greenstein another example. Broke then come back.

Why not play it aggressive if you don't have any responsibilties.

I mean poker is a gamble anyways. Using the safe bankroll requirement tables how long do you expect to become a pro? Probably not within 10 years....Unless your lucky and everything goes your way...

Each level you go up it's harder (face stiffer competition). Each time you move up a level and lose because of stiffer competition or bad run, it takes twice as long to make it back moving down a level. Hope and pray that you never have one of those long bad runs as soon as you jump a level.
Old 07-31-2007, 06:15 AM

how the hell do u rin 900 to 10k all the time over n over? then HOW the hell do you manage to lose it? 40-60k is alot of money man...how much do you need to win to not go nuts?
Old 07-31-2007, 04:56 PM

life and internet are 2 things and define pro. A pro could be someone that got his complete income from poker, that does not mean he is rich. In easteurope you could be a pro with 5-600$/month in the most countrys with 2-5000/month. And i think many play and live in this area, i am not a pro and online you can win with relative small stakes a good amount of money. BROKE is mostly high stakes and this wild run of cards or the big variance in large MTT.
Old 07-31-2007, 09:51 PM

good luck kid. things will turn around and youll be back. take care of school and work first and ill see you at the tables in the distant future.
Old 08-01-2007, 03:55 PM

I really don't understand how people encourage HIV's behavior.
Old 09-30-2007, 07:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Come on! We need updates, HIV!

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-30-2007, 08:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I guess the hardest part about all this is that I now feel that all that time, all those hundreds of thousands of hands I played, all those thousands of hours I spent at the tables, are all now a waste.

[/ QUOTE ]
It's not a waste as long as you learned something important about yourself that many people twice your age have not realized yet.

Edit: Nevermind, i see you're back and haven't learned a thing from all that pain.