Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: traz
Exactly what I expected 0 0%
Pretty much what I expected 2 8.70%
Kinda what I expected 2 8.70%
Not really what I expected 11 47.83%
Definitely not what I expected 8 34.78%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 09-15-2007, 08:41 PM

Default Re: Beat: Absolute is *actually* rigged (serious) (read me)

STAGE #896718901 TOURNEY ID 1883389 HOLDEM MULTI NORMAL TOURNAMENT NO LIMIT $250 - 2007-09-12 22:39:40 (ET)
Table: 13 (Real Money) Seat #2 is the dealer
Seat 2 - OBV_DONK ($8515 in chips)
Seat 3 - POTRIPPER ($48257 in chips)
Seat 4 - POTR0AST ($14248 in chips)
Seat 5 - POKERME420 ($11540 in chips)
Seat 6 - JINXY_MONKEY ($11485 in chips)
Seat 7 - CLOVER777 ($7280 in chips)
Seat 8 - KOOLKEITH13 ($2609 in chips)
Seat 9 - SCARFACE_79 ($13536 in chips)
OBV_DONK - Ante $25
POTRIPPER - Ante $25
POTR0AST - Ante $25
POKERME420 - Ante $25
JINXY_MONKEY - Ante $25
CLOVER777 - Ante $25
KOOLKEITH13 - Ante $25
SCARFACE_79 - Ante $25
POTRIPPER - Posts small blind $125
POTR0AST - Posts big blind $250
*** POCKET CARDS ***
Dealt to JINXY_MONKEY [Qc 7s]
POKERME420 - Folds
JINXY_MONKEY - Folds
CLOVER777 - Folds
KOOLKEITH13 - Folds
SCARFACE_79 - Folds
OBV_DONK - Folds
POTRIPPER - Raises $375 to $500
POTR0AST - Calls $250
*** FLOP *** [6d 2d 7h]
POTRIPPER - Bets $500
POTR0AST - Raises $1000 to $1000
POTRIPPER - Raises $3250 to $3750
POTR0AST - Raises $12500 to $13500
POTRIPPER - Calls $9750
*** TURN *** [6d 2d 7h] [2c]
POTRIPPER - All-In $34232
POTR0AST - All-In $223
POTRIPPER - returned ($34009) : not called
*** RIVER *** [6d 2d 7h 2c] [9c]
*** SHOW DOWN ***
POTRIPPER - Shows [Ad 6s] (Two Pair, sixes and twos)
POTR0AST - Shows [10h 9s] (Two Pair, nines and twos)
POTR0AST Collects $28646 from main pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total Pot($28646)
Board [6d 2d 7h 2c 9c]
Seat 2: OBV_DONK (dealer) Folded on the POCKET CARDS
Seat 3: POTRIPPER (small blind) HI:lost with Two Pair, sixes and twos [Ad 6s - P:6s,B:6d,B:2d,B:2c,P:Ad]
Seat 4: POTR0AST (big blind) won Total ($28646) All-In HI$28646) with Two Pair, nines and twos [10h 9s - P:9s,B:9c,B:2d,B:2c,P:10h]
Seat 5: POKERME420 Folded on the POCKET CARDS
Seat 6: JINXY_MONKEY Folded on the POCKET CARDS
Seat 7: CLOVER777 Folded on the POCKET CARDS
Seat 8: KOOLKEITH13 Folded on the POCKET CARDS
Seat 9: SCARFACE_79 Folded on the POCKET CARDS

He played 76/60 while at my table and had an infinite river agression.

I'm still not convinced it's rigged, people play stupidly retarded all the time, there are bound to be outliers.
Old 09-15-2007, 08:42 PM

wasn't very good at rivers obv
Old 09-15-2007, 08:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
okay, dan druff's post:

[ QUOTE ]
I've played a whole lot on AP this year, especially over the summer.

Oddly enough, I missed out on most of the Greycat/Supercard/etc. games due to sheer coincidences of timing (basically I'd be out or sleeping when he'd show up). Still, I played about 10 sessions with the guy, including one heads up, and noticed exactly what everyone else is noticing:

1) His hand selection pre-flop is so bad (especially 9 handed) that he should be losing a fortune against the top-flight players he's been facing. Instead, he's been winning big almost every session.

2) It is very rare that he will fold if you miss the flop.

3) When you are holding a huge hand, he folds often.

Basically, yes, he plays like someone who can see your cards. But that's nothing new to anyone on this thread. I've played against legitimate players who have run so well that I'd swear they could see my hand if I didn't know better. We've also all seen examples of huge donks running up amazing short-term streaks that we never thought were possible -- including odd plays that leave us scratching our heads.

So what's the difference here? Perhaps nothing, perhaps something. But the evidence we've seen so far, some anecdotal, others more damning, makes this worth another look.

Before I go on, I can confirm that Greycat, Supercard, and the other suspect accounts posted here ARE indeed the same person. This isn't an assumption or a guess. It's a fact. PM me if you want me to explain this part further.

So we have this Greycat person playing on multiple accounts -- sometimes chipdumping between them -- and playing the highest games Absolute Poker has to offer. He plays both limit and no limit, yet top regular players from both games report the same suspicious experience with him.

He has won a ton of money (does anyone have the exact figures?), and rarely seems to lose.

If he is cheating, I think I know how he's doing it.

Long before Greycat showed up, there was some concern that AP had a "superuser" account, created by its software developers. This account, created strictly for testing purposes, would be able to see all cards of all players in all games. As a software programmer by trade, I can tell you that such an account would be very helpful in the development and testing process for a complicated piece of software like AP. I referred to there being "some concern" that such an account exists. I say this because I have some circumstantial evidence (which I can't share in public) that this is true, but I don't have any proof. Furthermore, prior to this Greycat situation, I had no reason to believe that this account ever fell into the wrong hands.

But what if it did fall into the wrong hands? Perhaps someone could have hacked it. Perhaps a rogue ex-developer of the software could have passed some info along to an accomplice. Perhaps a lot of things.

The fact is that, if Greycat did get access to such an account, he'd pretty much be doing exactly what he's doing now. Yes, maybe some subtlety would have done him better (so as to avoid this suspicion), but history is full of criminals whose otherwise brilliant capers were foiled by just a bit too much greed.

It's time to stop guessing and get some answers here. Obviously AP will never admit their system was compromised, even if it were true. That would pretty much be the equivalent of poker room suicide. We need to put together a concrete plan of action to either prove this guy is a fraud, or prove to ourselves that we're a bunch of paranoid fools. Either way, we need to prove something. In the next post, I'll give my suggestions on what I feel we should do next.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The matrix has you...

Wow

the limit hands are pretty damning evidence
Old 09-15-2007, 08:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Wtf? If this type of account actually exists I really think people playing these levels should be allowed to discuss it. Why move it to the mod forum?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because BK doesn't want these cheaters to get tipped off and withdraw their ill gotten gains before slow as hell absolute poker gets a chance to freeze their funds. 2+2 is a very popular website.
Old 09-15-2007, 08:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is that meant to be 00 on the River AF for 200/400? Because it's a different font.

[/ QUOTE ]

In 190 hands of 200/400 he NEVER ONCE called on the river, he either raised, or he folded. Thats what that means.
Old 09-15-2007, 08:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Because BK doesn't want these cheaters to get tipped off and withdraw their ill gotten gains before slow as hell absolute poker gets a chance to freeze their funds. 2+2 is a very popular website.

[/ QUOTE ]

fortunately, AP is also slow on cashouts
Old 09-15-2007, 08:47 PM

Old 09-15-2007, 08:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Thats only 537 hands. Also wasnt dan the guy who was convinced that pokerstars was rigged and because of that wouldnt play there.

[/ QUOTE ]

there are other screenshots, I'm just posting a bunch of stuff at random from that thread. another person who is convinced at this point is schneids.

[/ QUOTE ]

Every reputable hi stakes LHE player is convinced at this point. Adanthar is doing a great service by attempting to notify the masses, so please be more understanding.
Closed Thread