Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-27-2007, 02:40 AM

Default Re: BBV confession: I am a donkament staller

lol OP you [censored] suck, do you also accidentally get "disconnected"?
Old 08-27-2007, 02:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
lol u stalled to win $27 because u didnt think u were good enough to go any deeper

[/ QUOTE ]

Dunno what thread you're reading, but no. I stalled to win $60 because my stack was too low to have a decent shot at anything better.

Oh right, and ahahahahhaha hahhahhahahah hahahahah hahahahahaha hahahhaahhahahhhhhaaaaahhaaaaaaaahaa?
Old 08-27-2007, 02:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
lol OP you [censored] suck, do you also accidentally get "disconnected"?

[/ QUOTE ]

No but sometimes I am "playing too many tables." I like your idea though, I will add it to my arsenol.
Old 08-27-2007, 02:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
lol u stalled to win $27 because u didnt think u were good enough to go any deeper

[/ QUOTE ]

Dunno what thread you're reading, but no. I stalled to win $60 because my stack was too low to have a decent shot at anything better.

Oh right, and ahahahahhaha hahhahhahahah hahahahah hahahahahaha hahahhaahhahahhhhhaaaaahhaaaaaaaahaa?

[/ QUOTE ]

yea and you folded your way into a low stack lmao, you never had a decent shot to begin with

man i always love to see how many poor/dumb/pathetic 2p2ers there are every day
Old 08-27-2007, 02:50 AM

like im sittin here just goddamn havin a ball knowing theres a 2p2er out there who stalls to make a $27 profit off a $33 tourney lmao
Old 08-27-2007, 02:51 AM

I love stalling when I'm in the SB or OTB and the blinds are going to go up within the next minute or two and the UTG player ends up having to go all-in for less than the just raised BB. HAHAHAHAHA!!!
Old 08-27-2007, 02:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Today's stallfest is what inspired this thread. It was actually quite dramatic.

It was a 300 person $33 tourney where top 40 paid. When there were 80 players left I noticed someone at my table starting to stall every hand. I still had a decent stack at that point and figured it was too early, but when it got down to 60 people and I had been card dead the whole time I decided it was time to join him and so did a third small stack shortly after. Every single hand we would run our clocks down to 0 and then fold. Of course everyone else at the table was like "PAY ATTENTION!" and "FOR THE LOVE OF GOD STOP STALLING!" and of course we'd never utter a single word for fear of confrontation. At one point I said "nh" to someone and immediately got the business from like 4 players there. I told them "sorry guys I am cooking and keep running back and forth from the kitchen to the computer."

Anyway coming back from a break there were 5 people left to go, I was still card dead but I figured I could definitely fold my way to the money. Then of course I picked up 88 in the CO folded around to me, had to let it go. Then 2 people away they fold around to my AJc in MP and I have to let that go too because at that point I had already blinded away any chance I had of winning. Down to the bubble I was in 40th and the guy in 41st and I were both going to be blinded out the next big, only he was one spot further away from it than me! Both of the other stallers at my table had pushed with bad aces, got called by better ones and managed to suck out (if you're gonna stall why risk your tournament life like that so close to the money?). Still, I expected someone to get coolered in the 8 hands I had left, but no, they didn't. My big blind finally comes around to me and the guy in 41st let himself get anted off to like 100 chips that bastard. I picked up A6o and miraculously EVERYONE folded around to the SB who called with 94o. I held with ace high and the other short stack lost in his big blind! Holla at the $60!!!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

The OP is Hilarious. So sad you [censored] nits don't even realize it. Wow, go outside once in a while.
Old 08-27-2007, 02:55 AM

What was your thought process when you registered for the tournament? "Hey maybe I'll get to the bubble 1/8 of the time and then I can stall and make the money and double my buyin."
Old 08-27-2007, 03:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
yea and you folded your way into a low stack lmao, you never had a decent shot to begin with

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you trying to sound retarded or does it just come naturally to you? What is it about the term card dead that you don't understand? I didn't decide to get blinded down, I would have been happy to play a decent hand if they dealt me one but I did not get anything playable from 80 players remaning to 45. By the time I finally got 88 and AJ my EV in waiting out the bubble was higher than taking my chances with a miniscule stack. It's not hard to understand chump.
Old 08-27-2007, 03:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What was your thought process when you registered for the tournament? "Hey maybe I'll get to the bubble 1/8 of the time and then I can stall and make the money and double my buyin."

[/ QUOTE ]

Thought process: Hey let me enter this tournament and see if I can win it.

2 hours in: Oh shnap this isn't going as well as I'd hoped. I don't have much of a stack left, but I think I can make the money if I stall. Here we goooooooooo!

BTW, I cash 300 player tournaments far more often than 1/8 of the time.