Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-14-2007, 08:56 PM

Default Foxwoods 1-2NL

I played all day at Foxwoods today in the 1-2NL game. I normally play 4-8 or 5-10 limit, so wasn't sure exactly what to expect. A friend of mine I was with said to expect a game played similar to like 25NL online. So within 5 minutes of the table starting, there is a 3 way all in for $500~ish. I hadn't sat down yet, so couldn't really see how the action went down. That dictated how the game played all day. There were multiple all ins for $200+ stacks and there were 3-4 people with $500-$900 stacks. Most of the play was very LAG with almost every pot being raised preflop in the $15-20 range and 4-7 people seeing the flop. Never having played this game, I couldn't tell if it was normal or not. The game was definitely very beatable and profitable if you picked your spots. So....Normal?
Old 04-14-2007, 11:22 PM

Default Re: Foxwoods 1-2NL

I haven't played much at foxwoods, maybe 15-20 hours total table time at the 1/2 NL (the rest of the time i play 1-5 stud).. but that seems to be a very good table, but nothing way out of the ordinary. The buy-in in 300 max if i remember correctly, so it's nothing special at all to have a few people +600. Especially if you play weekends you shouldn't have a problem finding a table this good if you aren't ushered to one directly.

I'm curious what people think about the 2/5 NL there. I play at San Manuel in california and all they spread for NL is 2/5, 1-300. The couple of times I went to foxwoods i was on a short bankroll living in VT, with a friend who was on an even shorter bankroll (thus the 1-5 stud) which is why i was playing the 1/2nl. I just assumed with 15 or so 1/2 tables and 1 or 2 2/5 tables the 2/5 was probably pretty solid in comparison