Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Have you gone busto?
No 125 43.40%
Yes 163 56.60%
Voters: 288. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-18-2007, 01:51 PM

Default Re: Common Dilemma: Bet Or Ck Behind Turn?

[ QUOTE ]

On another tangent: If I am villian and I c-r the turn then it means I either have Kx or a semibluff, and probably have the semibluff pretty often. I wonder if it woudl be correct to 3 bet JT here vs. my c-r.

EDIT: I didn't notice the gutshot. I would defintely call the turn raise against a lot of opponents.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would you want to 3b a hand range consisting of a good made hand and semi bluffs? Your 3b is getting called in both cases, and now are you planning to bet the river as well to fold the semi bluffs? Or are you hoping that J-hi is good often enough vs his range of semi bluffs (which includes some low str8 and fd)?

That same point also applies to your gutshot remark.... You do not have enough immediate or implied odds to chase your gutshot, so again do you think that J-hi offers enough additional equity to make up for it? Note that, even if you think it does, you are also counting on villain to give up on his semi bluff and not fire the river.....