Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-11-2007, 03:14 AM

Default Re: Observed a player steal from another while coloring down. My actio

[ QUOTE ]
I don't want things to be super-tense at the table just for everyone's sake...especially the guy he just tried to steal from who is still sitting right next to him and who I want to still be having a fun time at the game and want to return.

[/ QUOTE ]

What I've found in these situations is the jerk might tighten up, but the rest tend to play together more fun now knowing that someone is watching out for the game. This also encourages others to follow suit.

b
Old 07-11-2007, 03:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I've been playing there a lot more lately and don't want to be in the position of making enemies,

[/ QUOTE ]

What's with this 'enemy' crap? Do you really care if this type of person becomes an enemy?

I can say with all the time I've spent in a cardroom, I never gave 2 sh*ts less if I made an enemy or not. Especially over something like this. Even more-so with an A-Hole that knowingly shorts another player who's distracted. Get some friggin' balls.

b

[/ QUOTE ]

There is no advantage to making an enemy in the poker world but there are a thousand ways that could hurt you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well let's just hide in a shell then. Gimme a break.

Big difference between conciously trying to make an enemy and not caring about making an enemy. The guy's a douche. I could give a crap less what he'd think of me speaking up. How pussy is that to worry about?

It's time to speak up. I've dealt with these types of idiots more times than I care to. That said, my tolerance for these morons is kinda, well, rather low. The odds of a moron taking it any further than just inside the cardroom is extremely low.

They're A-Holes and deserve to be called out on it.

b
Old 07-11-2007, 04:02 AM

Default Re: Observed a player steal from another while coloring down. My action?

1. Definitely speak up

2. If villain ignores you, yell loudly, "FLOOOOOOOOOR!"

3. Inform the floor you would like the police to be called, because you just witnessed a theft.

Make friends with the fish, abuse the regulars... imo...
Old 07-11-2007, 12:47 PM

The dealer has to realize that by not saying anything, he has put doubt in the mind of every other player in the game. It will always be in the back of their mind...i remember when he let THAT slide, i wonder what he might let get by or over on ME.
It make people distrust dealers. I have cornered player who arte out of line and many times their response is "thats the last tip you wil ever get from me".
My response: I would rather have you mad at me for correcting you than eveyone else mad at me for not saying anything.

Most of the time they stiff me for a hand or two, and then resume tipping again.
Old 07-11-2007, 12:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would rather have you mad at me for correcting you than everyone else mad at me for not saying anything.

[/ QUOTE ]

Should be posted in every dealer break room (or equivalent).
Old 07-11-2007, 02:07 PM

This type of behavior is extremely common among the regular players in the NJ/NYC area. This is why I prefer the online game to AC - you don't need to deal with all the a-holes face to face.

I would never consider such a common event worthy of a post.