Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-24-2007, 12:52 AM

Default 3 Handed w/ Trips

.25/.50 NLHE being played 3 handed. Both of the two players are very loose and agressive and are good tricky players.

Button (Effective Stack ~$50) opens up for a raise to 1.50
SB (Effective Stack ~$100) calls
Hero (Covers both) calls w/ A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Flop (Pot $4.50) 2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
SB checks, Hero checks, Button checks

I check looking to check raise as Button is very aggressive and will likely followup with a continuation bet on 75% of the flops especially a raggedy one like this. His check behind is really fishy.

Turn (Pot $4.50) 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
SB bets 2.50
Hero raises to 7.50
Button raises to 19.50
SB folds
Hero folds

When the button raises I went into the tank for a good 5 minutes and eventually folded. The only hand that I could see him taking with that line is 22 or 44. Very tough decision, what do you guys think?
Old 03-24-2007, 01:42 AM

Default Re: 3 Handed w/ Trips

easy peasy all in. Sorry if you lost, take it to the bbv
Old 03-24-2007, 01:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
easy peasy all in. Sorry if you lost, take it to the bbv

[/ QUOTE ]

Good analysis. Thanks for thinking on the 1st level. Plus the results are not what matters that's why I didn't post them.
Old 03-24-2007, 01:51 AM

Ok, Ill hop on the nth level. You currently have trips with the best kicker. You have a button who is the PFR, he is easily raising SC and all overpairs. You are currently behind 2 hands, and have a shitton of hands which you are so ahead of it doesnt even matter. Additionally, the stack of hte button isnt deep, so all in is the default play. He can see you here as playing back at him knowing he cannot call without an 8, hence calling with 99+, and 8x which you beat. Additionally, he may have checked the flop hoping to keep the pot manageable with 8x or getting tricky with an overpair 3 hande.d

So, as I said before, easy peasy all in leasy, as you are eons ahead of your opponents range and a thinking opponent may see you as bluffing on your turn lead and may be slowplaying a n 8 originally trying to avoid a big pot, but now that he has a big pot hand, he wishes to get all in. So, as I said, get all your chips in the middle ASAP, cause you have the [censored] nuts pretty much.
Old 03-24-2007, 01:59 AM

Thanks, that's all I asked for. I agree with you for the most part. His check behind on the flop is what really confused with me and I just went with my gut. I just want to point out that these are not microdonks. The villain in the hand crushes midstakes NL online and is a high level thinking player. I respect his game a lot and didn't think he would re-raise without a hand that beat mine. Just my .02
Old 03-24-2007, 02:01 AM

That fact he "crushes" midstakes makes your hand that much better. Im all for the next level but sometimes that just doesnt apply.