Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-29-2007, 01:24 AM

Default Re: Regional Beers and Local Favorites

[ QUOTE ]

I was just at Big Hunt, didn't notice it though. Thats awesome, I guess I'll have to pay better attention. Do you know any place by Capitol Hill or Eastern Market?

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't yet, but let me know if you find somewhere--I just moved out to the hill and live just a few blocks from eastern market..
Old 09-30-2007, 01:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I was just at Big Hunt, didn't notice it though. Thats awesome, I guess I'll have to pay better attention. Do you know any place by Capitol Hill or Eastern Market?

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't yet, but let me know if you find somewhere--I just moved out to the hill and live just a few blocks from eastern market..

[/ QUOTE ]

Just found out last night that the liquor store on the 600 block of Pennsylvania, next to Remmingtons (I think that's the bar's name) sells Leinies Sunset Wheat. So thats one more place.
Old 09-30-2007, 01:57 PM

all,

can someone suggest a brown ale available in michigan? i like newcastle, but i'm sure there's something better, and it might be cheaper, as newcastle is hella expensive when it's not on sale ($9.99 a sixer at meijer) also newcastle comes in a clear bottle so local might be better.

thanks!
Old 09-30-2007, 05:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
all,

can someone suggest a brown ale available in michigan? i like newcastle, but i'm sure there's something better, and it might be cheaper, as newcastle is hella expensive when it's not on sale ($9.99 a sixer at meijer) also newcastle comes in a clear bottle so local might be better.

thanks!

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you get Rogue in Michigan? If so, try their Hazelnut Brown Nectar. It's pretty good, though it borders on being overly sweet. If that's not your speed, and/or you want to keep it local, you can try Bell's Best Brown Ale or Dark Horse Boffo Brown Ale. Can't say I've had either of them though. Believe it or not, Michigan is one of the best beer states in the country, rivaled only by California and Oregon, IMO. How much of the local fare have you tried?
Old 09-30-2007, 06:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
all,

thanks!

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you get Rogue in Michigan? If so, try their Hazelnut Brown Nectar. It's pretty good, though it borders on being overly sweet. If that's not your speed, and/or you want to keep it local, you can try Bell's Best Brown Ale or Dark Horse Boffo Brown Ale. Can't say I've had either of them though. Believe it or not, Michigan is one of the best beer states in the country, rivaled only by California and Oregon, IMO. How much of the local fare have you tried?

[/ QUOTE ]

not much more than bell's oberon, i haven't been of age for more than a couple months!
Old 09-30-2007, 04:33 PM

And right next door it's on tap at the 18th amendment..