Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-17-2007, 03:37 PM

Default Re: i raise to what?

first hand is awesome

here, i dunno what legit hands outside of monsters you'd be happy to raise the turn with so unless you're jacking up QK-ish and stacking off in this spot i think he will read a raise for essentially what it is, 'f u', which is most likely why he leads here. ofc this assumes he actually has something... but i curse and muck
Old 11-17-2007, 03:59 PM

doesnt krantz play 100/200 and up?
Old 11-17-2007, 04:27 PM

Yeah
Old 11-17-2007, 04:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i think he will read a raise for essentially what it is, 'f u', which is most likely why he leads here.

[/ QUOTE ]
agreed. many of you are putting too much weight on what he could possibly have, when krantz likely already knows that hero knows that krantz "cant" be strong.
Old 11-17-2007, 04:37 PM

blah blah we can both handread.
Old 11-17-2007, 04:51 PM

fold, move on, next time the hand plays out like this and you have a good hand and you raise turn and he folds, then introduce bluffing in this situation imo, but for now im happy to fold and make a mental note.
Old 11-17-2007, 04:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
fold, move on, next time the hand plays out like this and you have a good hand and you raise turn and he folds, then introduce bluffing in this situation imo, but for now im happy to fold and make a mental note.

[/ QUOTE ]

i have no paricular thoughts on this hand, and would think id have to be there to have anything constructive to say, but this is a really bad way to think about things.

its not like krantz is too stupid to realize that jfish is aware of history and its not like krantz doesnt realize this is a really non-standard line and its not like he doesnt have a very specific reason for doing it now that might not be the reason he does it later (if he does it at all).
Old 11-17-2007, 05:00 PM

hands like this often come down to levels for me, but...

his turn bet really seems like he is trying to induce a raise here...i would let it go (i think he saw through the flop raise)
Old 11-17-2007, 05:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]

his turn bet really seems like he is trying to induce a raise here...i would let it go (i think he saw through the flop raise)

[/ QUOTE ]

thats quite a contradiction.
Old 11-17-2007, 05:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i have no paricular thoughts on this hand, and would think id have to be there to have anything constructive to say, but this is a really bad way to think about things.

its not like krantz is too stupid to realize that jfish is aware of history and its not like krantz doesnt realize this is a really non-standard line and its not like he doesnt have a very specific reason for doing it now that might not be the reason he does it later (if he does it at all).

[/ QUOTE ]

ive written out a couple of paragraphs but it's sounded stupid so ill go for this instead:

as you say this a non-standard line = hard to apply a hand range.

we are looking for fold equity with a raise, which is formed applying our hand range.

given we do not know his hand range instead to gauge our fold equity we have to mentally note the frequency of him making this play and how he reacts to aggression by us by raising -> fold and wait till either we have a good hand or we think his frequency is too high of this line so we raise with junk. i wouldnt want to raise now if he never does this for the next 200 hands. i would want to raise this if he does it often when i raise pf and raise his lead on flop.

sorry if that's a dumb format to reply in but thought easiest (shotgun nobody do a fyp and change 'format to reply' to 'post')

i just figure if we cant apply a hand range now, then we have to wait until we can.