Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-31-2007, 01:07 PM

Default Re: What to do in late position with lots of limpers?

[ QUOTE ]
4 limpers behind me I raise 77+, A8o+ Axs+, K10o+ K9s+, Q10s+, QJo+, J10+, 109s, 98s, 87s, 76s, 65s. In CO I would limp any offsuited connectors and on the button I would add 55+ to raise, call Axo, 22-44 ,and any offsuited connectors and 1 gappers.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think you have an equity edge with the smaller suited connceters or the offsuit small broadway cards. I guess the original post was so easy we needed to challenge ourselves with additional possibilities. There certainly may be a benefit to the raise if the table is highly likely to check to your preflop raise and give you the option of a free card.
Old 10-31-2007, 01:45 PM

hi smurph, not calling you a ja at all, nor is the spade comment meant as a racial one, as i think you already realize.

i just feel that your range is very over-wide and will result in lots of losing of monies if one tries to follow it. i don't think a lot of the hands you listed are worth a raise after several limpers. i guess either pokerstove or my gut feeling of playing for a while is what i based it on.

i do freely admit that you play a more lag style than me and so certainly the range you play will be wider than mine. however from a lot of posts you make it seems like you play a very raise or fold style which i don't think can be optimal. that's what i was referring to when i said that you seemed to post very laggy/spewy stuff a lot.

i was surprised to see several people jump in and say it's a good range just because it struck me as very far from it and i'd be very surprised if any of them actually play those hands.

this isn't me insulting you; it's good that you can post whatever you want without fear of embarrassment and i think you should continue doing so. i as well have the same quality which is why i hope we can continue this productive discussion.
Old 10-31-2007, 01:48 PM

raising offsuit broadway hands like KTo after lots of limpers is a poor play, both equity wise (even limpers easily have you dominated) and strategy-wise (you cant defend your hand with a raise if you flop top pair).

playing offsuit hands like 97o even in late position is also a long term loser, given that the blinds could still raise and you dont have any equity advantage over the limpers to begin with.
Old 10-31-2007, 03:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Personally I'd raise 77+, A8s+, KTs+, QTs+, JTs, ATo+ and KQo from both the button and the CO (especially if raising might buy me the button).
And if there's even more limpers I'd raise with some more suited cards (Axs for instance) and pocket pairs.

At a table this loose, you can benefit a great deal from your preflop EV...

[/ QUOTE ]

I like your range there.. although I can't see myself raising ATo..
SSHE's range for raising in LP in loose games is
AA-88, any two suited ten or higher, a8s+, k9s, AK-AJ and KQ.
Pretty close to mine, although for some reason I think I'd limp with 88 and k9s =p