Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-03-2007, 01:30 PM

Default Re: Cash Game Pros!

[ QUOTE ]
A) It doesnt have to be public.. messages welcome

B) I am not demanding anything, lots of people are comfortable talking about results and do so.. probably too often, I'm really not. If your like me, obviously I understand. No need to take offense.

C) There are no reasons to post my results, I know them already. I am looking to make some comparative analysis not to hear what people think of my winrate.

D) Now I remember why I only lurked forums for so long.

[/ QUOTE ]

I used to win at poker but i cant keep away from blackjack [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 10-03-2007, 01:46 PM

OP, your blog is good (I presume it's named the same as your account), I liked it. You could do more hand analysis lately though.

But you don't come off well in this thread and I don't think you'll get many responses, and deservedly so.

Your best bet is looking at the monthly results threads in BBV over multiple months.
Old 10-03-2007, 01:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]

C) There are no reasons to post my results, I know them already. I am looking to make some comparative analysis not to hear what people think of my winrate.

[/ QUOTE ]
I know my results already, too! No need to post them!

Information is not free, and this is not BBV. In general, it is looked down upon to ask others how much they make, just like in other professions. Do you go up to strangers working in ______ profession (say, doctors or investment bankers) and ask how much they make? You would at least have a little credibility if you posted your own salary/winrate, since then the information-sharing is not completely one-sided.

[ QUOTE ]
D) Now I remember why I only lurked forums for so long.

[/ QUOTE ] So the only reason you stopped lurking is because you wanted something from the posters? Nice.
Old 10-03-2007, 02:29 PM

I give up. I stopped lurking because I thought I could encourage meaningful discussion (my mistake). I give plenty of information freely through my blog (see older posts for alot of hand analysis 4cardpoker.blogspot.com )

Most information is free as far as I know. Forums?...

Your right I would never walk up to a stranger and ask that, but if I was working at say a restaurant. Would it be wrong to discuss tips with coworkers? Maybe yes, maybe no. I do know that kind of thing happens all the time. I would like to consider other online players coworkers.

This isn't a probe at all your personal business, anyone not comfortable sharing.. feel free to move on.. but for people like KevinHo who do, it is helpful/nice to hear others' stories.

For some reason people want my results. I have 200k hands in this year (def. not as many as I want, but its difficult with college). I played at roughly 7 ptbb/100 for the first 100k. and over the last 100k I have roughly 1 ptbb/100 winrate. So I am hanging between 3.5-4.5 ptbb/100 for the year playing a mix between 3/6 and 25/50 with emphasis on 10/20. I am not going to post exact profits, but I will say I am disapointed. Thought I would make much more this year.

Maybe a good question is:

What effects such a change in winrrates over 100k sample size?

A) Variance
B) The games have dried up, or changed somehow
C) My game has changed (VPIP, PFR, and Aggression stats are relatively close though)

Thoughts on either?
Old 10-03-2007, 02:33 PM

WTF, all this kind of stuff has been talked about endlessly all over the forums, lurk harder.
Old 10-03-2007, 03:57 PM

Variance, and games have indeed dried up. That trend will only continue. Maybe you also played lower stakes beginning of year and higher stakes end of year?