Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-24-2007, 08:24 PM

Default Raising War with KQs in the SB

New to the game so no specific reads but the PokerTracker data is as follows:
BB: 22/15/4 after 178 hands
MP2: 56/1.3/0.7 after 77 hands
CO: 39/34/0.7 after 494 hands
Button: 44/14/1 after 190 hands

Planned to check raise on the turn but it got a little wild...

Full Tilt 0.50/1 Hold'em (8 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP2 calls, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, MP2 calls, CO calls, Button calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (16 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, MP2 calls, CO calls, Button calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (13 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Button folds, Hero calls, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 3-bets $3.7 (All-In)</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO caps</font>, Hero calls, BB calls.

River: (29.80 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players, 1 all-in)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero...?

Any feedback on the way the hand was played and should Hero call the river given the size of the pot?
Old 09-24-2007, 08:28 PM

Default Re: Raising War with KQs in the SB

What is the logic of the donk and the decision to check-raise the turn?
Old 09-24-2007, 08:57 PM

BB is aggro ... but in a solid way IMO ... his 3bet OOP should give you concern if you make TP

flop come down Q65 ... I don't mind the donk with BB's AF stats and the connection of the flop ... but I probably play it pretty passive in this spot

as played ... your turn call is retard
CO: 39/34/<font color="red">0.7</font>after 494 hands

this guy raises the turn after cold calling two on the flop - and you are likely behind (maybe drawing live, perhaps not ... personally I give the hand about 3 when behind and it's very unlikely that you are ahead)

i have no idea why your ? is at the river .. the pot is 30BB (you have to call) ... you have to call because you called the turn without getting odds

you should have had 3or4 ? marks ... two for the flop and two for the turn

two thumbs down
Old 09-25-2007, 06:23 AM

fold the turn plz
Old 09-25-2007, 05:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What is the logic of the donk

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
as played ... your turn call is retard
CO: 39/34/0.7after 494 hands

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-25-2007, 05:26 PM

I think the problem is that u are only playing ur own cards. U have TPGK wohoo! But what range do u put a TAG that 3-bets OOP's in a multiway pot? And what do u think a passive guy like CO raises the turn with after all that action? So how does ur hand look now?
Old 09-25-2007, 06:09 PM

Turn is a fold. You probably actually have the third best hand, but you're absolutely behind the passive CO and should never be calling two cold here, especially with the BB still behind you.

btw, does anyone fold pf here?
Old 09-25-2007, 06:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
btw, does anyone fold pf here?

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope not
Old 09-26-2007, 05:22 AM

Can someone explain why you wouldnt fold preflop here? From what ive read, KQ, suited or not, is not a great hand to be cold calling 2 with preflop, and i have generally found this to be true from experience. He says no reads so its not that he knew he would be in a multiway hand. I would fold here preflop
Old 09-26-2007, 05:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Can someone explain why you wouldnt fold preflop here? From what ive read, KQ, suited or not, is not a great hand to be cold calling 2 with preflop, and i have generally found this to be true from experience. He says no reads so its not that he knew he would be in a multiway hand. I would fold here preflop

[/ QUOTE ]

look at the stats on villains. they should indicate that the people already in the pot play alot of hands and two of them, including Button who raised, raise ALOT preflop. These guys also probably give good implied odds postflop although our position is unfortunate but we are sooted [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]. Hero's hand is good versus their range and doesnt mind a multiway pot.

[ QUOTE ]
MP2: 56/1.3/0.7 after 77 hands
CO: 39/34/0.7 after 494 hands
Button: 44/14/1 after 190 hands

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
BB is aggro ... but in a solid way IMO ... his 3bet OOP should give you concern if you make TP

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this. His 3 bet is much more troubling than the first raiser's....atleast we get to see that Button doesnt cappit which helps with putting him on a hand (eg probably not a super premium AA-QQ, AK)