Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-25-2007, 10:43 PM

Default My JJ is under fire too

Three hours logged tonight - end result: - 4BBs! Not bad, not bad at all. After what seemed like 422 hands of off-suit 7-gappers, I finally got me some Jacks...

PokerStars 0.02/0.04 Hold'em (10 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is CO with J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (14 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(7 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls.

Turn: (13 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, MP1 folds, Hero ???

UTG coming alive, donking here after my flop raise, is pretty scary, no? My straight draw now seems that it could be drawing for a chopped straight or drawing to a dead straight. Thoughts welcome...
Old 09-25-2007, 10:48 PM

Default Re: My JJ is under fire too

:g:
easy fold with no [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] readraw.

UTG+1 understands that pumping draws is gOOt but accidently donked instead of c/r. UTG has anything from a flush to a straight to two pair to A8 but you are drawing very slim against their combined range.

Start worrying about what is going on on your other table.
Old 09-25-2007, 10:53 PM

ughh ...

I fold the turn ... you have an overpair and a one card OESD (you can't value this at full outs, even in the flush wasn't on the board),

you have like 3outs (and you can't really pump them for max value when you hit) and zero chance of being ahead... IMO
Old 09-25-2007, 10:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ughh ...

I fold the turn ... you have an overpair and a one card OESD (you can't value this at full outs, even in the flush wasn't on the board),

you have like 3outs (and you can't really pump them for max value when you hit) and zero chance of being ahead... IMO

[/ QUOTE ]

QTF...double booyah
Old 09-25-2007, 11:06 PM

IMO you have to ask yourself if you are willing to call 4 behind here on the turn. Maybe 2 but maybe 4. So lets call it 3. That makes it 19:3 with 6 outs (we really can't count the heart outs)and we can't call the river UI. Pretty thin call I think. But not terrible.
Old 09-25-2007, 11:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Start worrying about what is going on on your other table.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you referring to a particular table I was playing earlier - I mean, were you at a table with me tonight? Or are you just saying to move on from this hand and focus elsewhere?
Old 09-25-2007, 11:11 PM

no, I'm at work :S, I was just saying that in a situation like this I fold and don't think twice about it, sorry 'bout the confusion.
Old 09-25-2007, 11:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
no, I'm at work :S, it was just a saying, sorry for the confusion.

[/ QUOTE ]

No problem - thanks for the thoughts on the hand.
Old 09-25-2007, 11:45 PM

Fold. Your hand looks bad as is, then you still have plenty of people left to act.
Old 09-25-2007, 11:50 PM

Daniel,

I think you should show us the math on whether or not calling the turn is correct.

Buzz