FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Would You Participate in a weekly Prison Break discussion
Yes 21 77.78%
No, I watch the show but wouldnt participate 4 14.81%
No, Don't care! 2 7.41%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-18-2007, 12:21 AM

Default Re: Stars VIP Wild speculation

Why do Stars require playthrough for bonuses?

Especially the VIP milestone bonuses..seems a bit mean to require playthrough when you've already earned avery high number of vpps.
Old 11-18-2007, 12:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Why do Stars require playthrough for bonuses?

Especially the VIP milestone bonuses..seems a bit mean to require playthrough when you've already earned avery high number of vpps.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't mind the playthrough myself. Going to be playing anyways. It would be nice though if you got the milestone bonuses without it costing 50k FPPs though. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-18-2007, 12:40 AM

This week I played my millionth hand (ring) at Stars.

I'm somewhat surprised I didn't even get a, "Dear Degen, congrats on having no life.." email from Stars. I guess they might not want to remind people how much they've played.... But I think it's a pretty cool milestone. And while Stars deals a zillion hands per day I can't believe players hit the million mark every day.

Even a shirt (or jacket) would be cool. I'm not one to wear poker gear in normal life, but a official "Million Hand Club" shirt from Stars, that I'd wear just 'cuz it's so ridic. Hell, I'd even throw some fpps at if if Stars doesn't think it's a promotion worth spending some money on (assuming of course the shirts weren't available to the general public).
Old 11-18-2007, 03:53 AM

Will we have supernova bonuses the new year instead of the vip freerolls?
Old 11-18-2007, 04:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Why are you calling out someone when you don't know anything about any other part of their lives? I think you are a huge dbag for this, and I think everyone else will probably agree. It isn't your job to call out anyone.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT.

[/ QUOTE ]

You low limit scrubs defending each other is cute. Maybe you should reread his post and see why I called him out. I saw him bragging in some other thread about his baller lifestyle and coupled with this post, well, someone needed to call him out, so I took the bullet. It will improve his life greatly when he realizes that talking about what car he drives or how much his expenses are won't help his self- esteem issues. It was just a little bit of amateur counseling from me. No charge.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are an idiot. Maybe you should maybe randomly see where a player plays before saying I am a low limit scrub. I'm not sure what the STT equivalent is to 2/4nl+, but at FR there is 1 limit regularly running higher than what I have played(although 2/4 is still my regular game). I hope to God you don't act like this in real life and are only acting like a big dbag because of the anonymity available via the internet.

And you are actually being the bigger dbag by acting like you can counsel anyone on their own life. You most likely have the self-esteem issues since you are going to petty insults to try to degrade others. Perhaps you should start looking at yourself and figure out your problems first before trying to help others?
Old 11-18-2007, 05:38 AM

He wanted to call me out so he called me out. Funny but I don't see a PM from him about any wagers. I guess he only wanted to call me out on the internat but has no balls to actually put money behind it.

[ QUOTE ]
I too wonder how he would get enough points for this to be an issue for him anyway because I thought he frequently only played 1 or 2 low-stakes tables at a time

[/ QUOTE ]

As I explained before I play between 1-2 and 5-10 during football season and 5-10 / 10-20 the rest of the year. I like having one or two tables going as I go about my other tasks. I can't play poker this time of year. Poker money is insignificant compared to sport's money.

I only play poker seriously for 7 months of the year but I do play enough in those 7 months that I expect to make SNE next year.

That being said this is really off topic. If people want to keep discussing me they need to put some money on the table.
Old 11-18-2007, 05:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree somewhat but at the same time it is not really a issue. I'm thinking the reasoning might be top create two distinct events. You get the milestone and then you clear the milestone. For the same amount of money Stars gets two events.

By time time you get the second event (the actual cash) you are already a certain % contributed toward getting another bonus so much more likely that You'll go for it. So it creates a cycle.
Old 11-18-2007, 06:09 AM

------"Dear Degen, congrats on having no life.."

The email bounced.

-------"Million Hand Club" shirt from Stars

Send me an email and we will make you a custom shirt.

Scotty
Old 11-18-2007, 09:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This week I played my millionth hand (ring) at Stars.

I'm somewhat surprised I didn't even get a, "Dear Degen, congrats on having no life.." email from Stars. I guess they might not want to remind people how much they've played.... But I think it's a pretty cool milestone. And while Stars deals a zillion hands per day I can't believe players hit the million mark every day.

Even a shirt (or jacket) would be cool. I'm not one to wear poker gear in normal life, but a official "Million Hand Club" shirt from Stars, that I'd wear just 'cuz it's so ridic. Hell, I'd even throw some fpps at if if Stars doesn't think it's a promotion worth spending some money on (assuming of course the shirts weren't available to the general public).

[/ QUOTE ]

Milestone Bonuses>shirt>email
Old 11-18-2007, 10:51 AM

Milestone Bonuses>shirt>email obviously